• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Switching between Main & Aux Fuel Tanks on 1404 Imp

rodre

I can't seem to get my Imp to run off the Main fuel tank, does it take a lot of cranking to get the fuel up from the tank with the mechanical fuel pump? My fuel tank selector valve appears to use the 6 o'clock position for the Aux tank, 9 o'clock for the main tank, and 3 o'clock to shut off the fuel flow, does this seem about right? Is there some trick or something I am missing?

rodre

I was able to get the Imp to run off the main tank today so I am guessing the fuel line must have frozen when I was in the mountains as the main tank is more on the outside of the Imp than the aux tank (aux tank on mine is inside as it is a full body Imp), thus more exposure to cold air. I had poured a can of Seafoam in the tank before filling it with 94 octane fuel that had no ethanol but I guess Seafoam doesn't work as gas line antifreeze or I hadn't put enough in.

The fuel valve positions I stated above appear to be correct, in case someone needs to know 10 years down the road.

Thebartman

You need “heat” for your gas anti freeze. Yellow bottle. Here in Montana it’s a regular additive this time of year. I use it in the aux gas can and chainsaw gas too. Last thing ya need is a freeze up in the middle of nowhere.

Could also be crap floating around in the tank too.

Attachments

• E3DCE85E-1700-4106-A9DB-60DBCD4C5C93.jpg
    E3DCE85E-1700-4106-A9DB-60DBCD4C5C93.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 173

rodre

Darn, I think there is something floating around in there as it will run off the main tank while stationary but once it starts moving and bouncing it starves out.