• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Any member live close to Slippery Rock PA?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to make a quick trip to Iron Mountain data storage facility, and we stayed in Slippery Rock PA. Rolling Rock Beer used to be made there but not anymore. They've moved. :(

Iron Mountain is a very impressive facility and overall operation. There is a good chance I'll have to be back up there in September. If any members are in the vicinity maybe we can get together then.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to make a quick trip to Iron Mountain data storage facility, and we stayed in Slippery Rock PA. Rolling Rock Beer used to be made there but not anymore. They've moved. :(

Iron Mountain is a very impressive facility and overall operation. There is a good chance I'll have to be back up there in September. If any members are in the vicinity maybe we can get together then.

My daughter worked for them in Royersford PA.
They are a huge company and do more than just data storage.
She said there are places with planes and other classified hardware in storage all over the world so if you get to Royersford 5 hours east of SR look me up.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, they are huge and do lots more than just data storage. That is just the part I deal with. They told us that preserving printed material is still their number one cash item. They also take printed material or anything and put it on microfilm that has a 500 year life span. :eek: Amazing. The entire operation is mind boggling.

I only deal with the Boyer PA facility so not much chance of coming that way Tom. But I'll remember you if that changes.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm 45 minutes from Slippery Rock, Zoomer is a little closer!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm about 40 minutes away from Slippery Rock.

Let us know the next time you're around!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wondered if you guys were in the vicinity. Kewl. It was a quick trip this time to meet with an agent but it looks like I'll be spending a week or so up there as this project moves forward. I'm shooting for September and will give you guys a heads up once plans are shored up.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah Aubrey, I bet you are. It is 40 miles or so north of pburg isn't it?

I knew PA was wide but 5 hours across, damn. I drove diagonal across Georgia one time and Alabama another, they were long states. Now I know PA is in that category. I used to drive across the PA turnpike going to Baltimore, I had forgot bout how much of that drive was in PA. They call WV the mountain state but PA's hills / mountains are pretty dang impressive. I had not been to that part of PA before.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah Aubrey, I bet you are. It is 40 miles or so north of pburg isn't it?

I knew PA was wide but 5 hours across, damn. I drove diagonal across Georgia one time and Alabama another, they were long states. Now I know PA is in that category. I used to drive across the PA turnpike going to Baltimore, I had forgot bout how much of that drive was in PA. They call WV the mountain state but PA's hills / mountains are pretty dang impressive. I had not been to that part of PA before.

yeah. they're close to here- i know travel times better than mileage. 45 minutes during non-rush hour traffic, on a weekday.

PA is kinda vast, & yeah, we've several nature-esque views.