• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol IMP outfitted for Fire Fighting

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Advertisement from the 1960's, currently on sale on ebay.

Attachments

• Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 585

brt

Here's one currently still outfitted for fire protection and rescue. It operates out of my fire station in Lake Arrowhead, California (Southern California, 6000 foot elevation). Our department, San Bernardino County Fire Department, operates 7 snowcats ranging from a VMC, several LMCs, and a few Thiokols. Our 1970 Spryte is the oldest. It's a 1970. It has 700 feet of hose under the false floor and all of the accessries and fittings needed to hook up to a hydrant (after we dig it out of the snow!) and fight structure fires when the four wheel drive fire engines can't make it to the house.

Attachments

• 100_1801.jpg
    100_1801.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 466
  • 100_1802.jpg
    100_1802.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 458
  • 100_1803.jpg
    100_1803.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 455

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I hope you carry marsh mellows and graham crackers with you. By the time that Thiokol gets to the house nothing will be left but smoldering ashes. But it sure as hell looks cool!

Last edited:

Robert45

Site Supporter
I had to laugh abit with the red lights on the snowcat..Going code 3 Hmmm I won't think there would be a lot cars or trucks out there to get in the way.:yum:
I use to work for CalFire...now retired. Operated a Fire dozer and lowbed...
Great picture and a A+ for thinking out of the box. :smile: