• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rugerman??

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
havent seen any posts from Rugerman in a while. Just wondering if anyone knows about his condition. Hope he is recovering from his medical problems and is out and about!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He was doing better last time I talked to him. I think he got to go home a few days ago.

He logged on here earlier this afternoon.

Jim

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Heard from David this evening. He is home, said he was a little slow getting around but hopes that will get better with time.

Jim

rugerman

Hi guys, I am in a rehab hospital to get my strength back after a fall, last night I was taking a shower and my access blew out for the third time, lost a bunch of blood, got it stopped, waiting for morning for the in house doc to send me to the ER to get the hole stitched up so I can be ready for dialysis on Tuesday. My wife is 30 miles away at home due to the rehab visitation policy, expect her to be here at daylight, she is very worried. Wish I had better news. David

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi guys, I am in a rehab hospital to get my strength back after a fall, last night I was taking a shower and my access blew out for the third time, lost a bunch of blood, got it stopped, waiting for morning for the in house doc to send me to the ER to get the hole stitched up so I can be ready for dialysis on Tuesday. My wife is 30 miles away at home due to the rehab visitation policy, expect her to be here at daylight, she is very worried. Wish I had better news. David

Sorry to hear of your continued problems. I hope things get better soon.

Jim

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy David,
hang in there Bud it is gonna get better. Sounds like you are close to the bottom so the only way to go is up!! Wishing you the best!!!!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, when it rains ....
I wish it were better new for you also. You are tough, you can beat this. Prayers on the way to help you battle this and recover.

rugerman

Surgeon worked on my access yesterday, this morning it started bleeding again, new pressure bandage, guess they will try for a ne fix today. I think that they are beating a dead horse.david

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Surgeon worked on my access yesterday, this morning it started bleeding again, new pressure bandage, guess they will try for a ne fix today. I think that they are beating a dead horse.david

My mom had similar problems with her access port. They eventually got it solved but it was pretty tiring for her, both physically and emotionally as they fought through the process. Hang in there!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Received a pm from David this morning.

I went back to surgery yesterday, at dialysis Tuesday I started bleeding again so no food or drink til after 12pm, had surgery at midnight so I had nothing to eat or drink for 24 hours, I was so hungry that I was ready to eat my pillow then at about 3 am my access started bleeding so I was not looking forward to dialysis today, but when they unwrapped it there was some leakage but no gushing.

Jim I will keep you informed as best I can, and if you would let the other folks know I would appreciate it. Thank you David

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Heard from David yesterday. He’s still in the rehab hospital :hammer:

Since the last surgery my access seems to be holding, my eyes have been red and itchy for a while saw a eye doctor I have glaucoma and the beginning of cataracts. He gave me drops for the glaucoma, eyes feel much better. Thanks for the concern, I am just taking it one day at the time, sure am tired of hospital/hospital food

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Downhill again :(

Well Jim I spoke too soon, my access blew this morning at about 2am, went straight to surgery, maybe the sixth time is the charm. David

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds horrible. David I feel for ya man. What a nightmare to go through.
Prayers.

rugerman

Made it tru dialysis today, slight drainage, next dialysis is Thursday will let you know how it goes. David

rugerman

Hi guys and gals, surgeon shut down my old access after 8 blow outs, put in a perm cath and is going to put in a graph on Monday. Perm cath is a direct connection to heart thru chest wall I had one for a year after another surgeon put in my first access too deep making it hard to stick, did a revision to bring it closer to the surface, still too deep and it clotted off he went in to fix it, said it was cleared but it wasn’t. Second access lasted 2 years before problems started. Graphs are more prone to infections but the other option was in the thigh, not a good situation. So if the graph fails I am going to call it quits. Wish me luck David

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi guys and gals, surgeon shut down my old access after 8 blow outs, put in a perm cath and is going to put in a graph on Monday. Perm cath is a direct connection to heart thru chest wall I had one for a year after another surgeon put in my first access too deep making it hard to stick, did a revision to bring it closer to the surface, still too deep and it clotted off he went in to fix it, said it was cleared but it wasn’t. Second access lasted 2 years before problems started. Graphs are more prone to infections but the other option was in the thigh, not a good situation. So if the graph fails I am going to call it quits. Wish me luck David

Hang tough kiddo. We're with you!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Keep on keeping on. I know it's not easy for you. Looks like you're not going down without a fight. Prayers for healing and comfort.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
All I can say is wow.
You're proving to be a tough guy.

Sending out healing nursey prayers for you!
I've had a few patients at the last healthcare facility I'd worked for that went down a similar path.
You stay strong.