• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m in the hospital, today they are going to shove a tube down my throat and take a look at my heart from the back side, sounds like fun.

Been there, done that. Best part is when it’s over.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Another day of doing not much. Last month was the wettest month on record and this month hasn't changed much. Not that I minded too much. I had "the crud" for over 2 weeks but now I'm starting to feel better and I need to start getting things done. I don't know when. The forecast is for more rain and drizzle. Even the frogs are starting to drown.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday, I finally got four packaging lines set up to run.

Today I need to find about 10 more people willing to work. Willing to come in EVERY DAY, and stay ALL DAY.

That's 40 hours per week, every week as long as they show up, Breathe, and go to the station for which they were assigned and trained.

We've gone through 13 since October 1st who didn't understand the term "full time work"

Tonight, I have to race down to the boat to winterize it. I was supposed to go last week-end but had my brother's. The harbor guys can't get to it.

Going down to 19F tonite and below freezing all next week.

rugerman

It wasn’t too bad, the stuff that they sprayed in my throat tasted awful, no bacteria so that’s a good thing. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I have dialysis tomorrow AM then I should be able to go home. David

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It wasn’t too bad, the stuff that they sprayed in my throat tasted awful, no bacteria so that’s a good thing. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I have dialysis tomorrow AM then I should be able to go home. David

Great news both no bacteria and going home tomorrow! :thumbup:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats David. :clap: :clap: Glad that went well and best wishes for tomorrow.

I need a little luck this weekend too ...babysitting two of our grand kids. The kids parents headed to New Orleans for a company party/outing. The kids are being great ...so far. Hoping things keep going as smooth all weekend.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats David. :clap: :clap: Glad that went well and best wishes for tomorrow.

I need a little luck this weekend too ...babysitting two of our grand kids. The kids parents headed to New Orleans for a company party/outing. The kids are being great ...so far. Hoping things keep going as smooth all weekend.
Cherish it Doc.
I'd give anything if I could see Maddie and Elaina more than I have.
But! all that is going to change soon.
:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another day of doing not much. Last month was the wettest month on record and this month hasn't changed much. Not that I minded too much. I had "the crud" for over 2 weeks but now I'm starting to feel better and I need to start getting things done. I don't know when. The forecast is for more rain and drizzle. Even the frogs are starting to drown.
We've been getting the same crap weather up here. Rain rain snow rain sleet more rain.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning from the bucolic suburbs of West Sunbury ! It’s 25 headed tonalmost 32 ,snowing ,and breezy . Gonna help my BIL gather in some farwoods this morning . He tore up his knee ,and is a bit short on firewood to make it through the winter . I’ve got about 20 cord all seasoned and ready . I usually use about 3 cords . So, I told him to come get some of that . But, no ....
He wants to go out and cut split and stack some of his own ..... :hammer:
So, that’s my schedule for today .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning!
It's cold and very windy with snow coming down off the lakes today.
I'm working nights back to back the next couple of days.
Yippee!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still just a light dusting of snow here but a balmy -11C this morning. Not much planned for today other than playing the 5pm service.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was at the back door ready to leave with my guitar in hand when I got a call nobody wants to receive.

My aunt was in tears as she informed me that she was in an accident and was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. I dropped everything and headed to the scene. She's hurting. Possible broken ribs and something with her spleen. She came to a rolling stop before turning onto a road and didn't see a vehicle coming. Her vehicle ended up on the steps of a church. Waiting for xray and ct scan results now.
8e40d2e40ea01d6bbc97ff7d2762895c.jpg
ffc9d70da707088eba0c3289566f0620.jpg

rugerman

If I may I have some news, I was released from the hospital this afternoon after a 9 day stay for a blow out of my dialysis access, I got blood all over the dialysis center, then the ER doc was going to close it and lost it, blood all over the ER, the ER doctor. Surgeon called had to fix it, also infected, nothing to eat or drink after midnight, got to surgery at 8 PM the next day ended up getting 4 units of blood and I will be on two antibiotics for 6 weeks.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm coaching Saber Fencing at 2 different school this year. Its a very different experience than the past 6 years where I was the head saber coach of my own team. Now I'm a guest coach at 2 teams. Lots more fun!

Today I had a girl win Gold, another won 5th. A boy won Bronze and while another of my boys won 5th. So I had a darn good day.

There were probably a 1/2 dozen other kids that did very well but didn't medal. One girl, a beginner, won her first direct elimination bout. That is a milestone for any fencer. It was nice to share that experience. Another bought his first personal blade and was so proud of it he brought it to show me before he took it to his head coach. Little moments. These are the things that make memories.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If I may I have some news, I was released from the hospital this afternoon after a 9 day stay for a blow out of my dialysis access, I got blood all over the dialysis center, then the ER doc was going to close it and lost it, blood all over the ER, the ER doctor. Surgeon called had to fix it, also infected, nothing to eat or drink after midnight, got to surgery at 8 PM the next day ended up getting 4 units of blood and I will be on two antibiotics for 6 weeks.

Hope things go well for you David.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You are making progress David, one step at a time will get you there. Good wishes and more prayers.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it was pretty darned chilly at the house today. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon rearranging grass and filling hog holes after the hog attack of 4 weeks ago. It's the first time it's been dry enough to get out into the yard without doing even more damage. Recovering from the "crud" I can only work a couple of hours before I am exhausted so it's going to take me a little while before I can get it all semi-fixed. Probably won't get it all done before we take off for Fredericksburg in the Texas Hill Country on Wednesday in the RV. Looking at the weather forecast, it's going to be a "cool" trip in more ways than one.

rugerman

I really appreciate the well wishes and encouragement, thank you all, i’m doing my best, being confined to a bed for several days really drains you, glad to be home so I can move around a bit and get my strength back. David

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. Just waiting for xray and ct scan results now. Possible broken ribs.
I had to go back to the hospital at 11 last night to pick her up as she was discharged. 2 broken ribs. Could have been a heck of a lot worse though.

Today is November 11th aka remembrance day. I will be with our scout troop at a legion serving pancakes. At 11am, a ceremony will take place honoring all those who fought in wars for our freedom.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank God your Aunt is not badly hurt, Brian.
Ruger, I wish you all the best!

I had a good night at work, but haven't had much sleep since being home.
I'll nap soon.
Not much planned today.
Quiet Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.