• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Remembering Big Al

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I would like to give out a big shout to all our family in thinking of Big Al,i still read his posts and often laugh and sometimes get very sad, i miss him deeply and remember him fondly.

In my years i have lost not 1 but 2 Big Al's ...the first wast 20 years ago and he was my Father,he taught me to drive and inspired me to respect all i meet but to at the same time speak my mind, the Big Al you all know helped me to to steer the way i speak my mind as sadly i did say and think later.

The FF family is very important to me due to the fact Big Al and the team have always supported me in ways friends and family do, i know i can come in blow off steam and leave feeling in a better place than when i arrived and i thank everyone for that.

Maybe i just had a Rum and Dr Pepper moment but sadly only one man could do that with true grace.

Please add positive comments and if you never got to speak to the big man hit the search button you will not be disappointed in what you find, wisdom and humor are the 2 words that stand out.

I do hope one day i earn the right to be known as "Big" Big Galvi" is the aim as 2 men have inspired me.

Have a great day and respect to all...Thanks Big boy i miss you bucket loads.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Galvi I think of him often.

I enjoy running across his posts as I look around the forum.

Jim

Galvatron

Galvi I think of him often.

I enjoy running across his posts as I look around the forum.

Jim

Jim i also think often of Allen ,i am smiling today as there are so many fond memories...did you ever get to meet the man in person as sadly being in the UK i never did???

Galvatron

Without even looking it up i always remember Big Al talking of his size...something like a 48 inch chest and hands the size of shovels,well that chest needed to be big for his kind heart and his hands to give out the giving he gave.

His kristi ...Krusty the clown i called it many times was so fondly joked about but at the same time his work with others stood out most...i remember he told me clearly that to help others you need to not only give them the tools but to also show them how to use them, i think of that advice daily when i pick up my tools.

A very wise man.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Galvi. He was a GREAT guy. Always ready to help, and could usually put a smile on your face. We all lost a lot when he passed. I too think of him often. I am just thankful I had the chance to get to know him. I do wish I had taken him up on his offer to visit him in Panama. I missed the opportunity of a lifetime. To meet the big guy and to see Panama from his point of view.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim i also think often of Allen ,i am smiling today as there are so many fond memories...did you ever get to meet the man in person as sadly being in the UK i never did???

I regret that I never met him. His posts were always a bright spot in my day.

Jim

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
This is coulda, shoulda, woulda, but I should have taken the time to go meet him as I think I lived closest to him. He was a great man and I don't mean just in size.
Mike

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I miss the guy too. I'm honored that you would even mention me and him in the same sentence (in my other thread). He's a truly great man.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Big Al was one of a kind. For the FFers who have joined since he died almost 2 years ago, read some his posts. He really was a renaissance man and he is terribly missed.