• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

hornets in my sled

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I usually find a nest every year . this one is in my toboggan.
I have two that are stacked next to my flatbed truck in my barn.
the toboggan is 18" wide.
DSC00883.jpg

'
DSC00884.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have them in my garage wall and another next on a peach tree.

The peach tree doesn't bother me too much, I don't bother them, they don't bother me.

The one in my garage wall is accessed by a hole that was drilled for an electrical conduit. Sprayed it a few times with wasp spray, didn't seem to do much. So then I sprayed it again and followed that up with some expansion foam in the crack around the pipe.

Hope you can find out how they are getting inside your shed. Hornets INSIDE a confined space are a real pain in the butt ... sometimes literally. I don't mind them in an open area, but inside a shed could be a real problem.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here, the height of the nest is the amount of snow you are going to get.....

My fathers nest is on the transformer on the utility pole top......

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here, the height of the nest is the amount of snow you are going to get.....

]My fathers nest is on the transformer on the utility pole top......
OK that would be about my dream amount of snow :letitsnow:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Once you get rid of them hang one of these up. We had a nest under our deck last year and another at camp this summer. Once I got rid of the nest I hung a fake one at home and at camp. No more hornets

73082fa72e01658a8011ea2672db42df.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll let them die naturally. after our first freeze they are pretty much gone.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My Tucker when I got it had a nest that took up the space size of a 55 gallon drum. We have a honey been next in the wall at the farm. Been there for years they seem happy and don't bother anyone.