• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hagglund BV206 seperation

buddyauto

I have to move a hagglund BV206. I need to know how hard it is to seperate the two units. I have limited space to get into the area to get vehicle. It would be easy to get with 2 rollback flatbed tow trucks if it was easy to take apart they where they articulate. My other option would be to pull it out with a tow truck to better area but I don't want to damage it. I'm told that it wont steer in one direction. Is there a neutral free wheel ? Can you disconnect the hydraulic rams to let the rear just follow the front. Any advice here would be great. I'm supposed to get this on Monday 5/13/2103 Its in a remote area and I don't want to have to go twice.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Member DDS would be the guy to know. He has some experience with them.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
here's the scoop on the bv 206 I have separated them for air deployment in the past its a lot of work. the 4 pins from the coupler need to be removed the accumulater have to be disconnected and the drive shaft needs to be removed. the drive shaft can be a bitch to remove too, as the splines are quite tight .the best way is to tow it with a tow bar it hooks into the 2 pins sticking out in the front of the frame right in front of the differential. they can also be towed on a rope you just need to stab the brakes to assist with the steering. I've done this many times in the past.to tow there is a lever for t-case shift behind and underneath the drivers seat its just like a pick up with up high middle nutral and all the way down low. why wont the thing run under it's own power if you have to pull the motor you are in for another learning experience if you need a pic of the tow bar I can get some for you on Monday as I fabbed one up for another 206 owner earlier this year.