• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Playing pin cushion for another lady doc.:hammer: Then I get to go for more chest x-rays and a spirometry test next week. I think sometimes they look too hard for things.:yum::yum: Got to put the new batteries in the tractor and get the brush hog going. Dang stuff is so tall I can hardly see the suburban coming down the lane anymore.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to work what has now turned into a 12 hr shift.
.. and coming home in the wee hours with a raging headache.
Yippee! :/

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Chores, chores, chores...

Kids are done with school so I'm getting on them to clean up and put away everything related to that.

Put the soap box derby car in the shop (hang from the ceiling).

Mow lawn, pick strawberries & radishes, weed garden.

Pack "stuff" to go to NY this weekend to visit my Dad.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading to the dentist to get drilled. :( An old filling cracked and needs to be repaired / redone.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thinking of heading into the strip district for lunch. i snoozed the morning away & missed school. they called, (course while i was on the phone w/ my insurance co.,), then called the doctor's office, now waiting 4 a return call.
gotta get groceries & 'at later. i think blake is visiting after work. i need a nap. may have my niece/nephews this weekend so i need to zonk until my aches subside. the baby is into any item she can get, & has taken to climbing onto the tables as of late. i keep her in sight at all times when i'm watching them.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We took the roadster for a spin up to Williston and had the lobster roll at 99 for lunch. Great day! La vie est belle!

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Crawled out of bed,ate some ibuprofen,made a cup of coffee and went to work,skipped lunch to get some extra work done,had some late afternoon work canceled until tomorrow,headed home cuz i got caught up early,made some hot brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal,gave the cat some treats,then the dog,grabbed a cold Guinness black lager out of the frig ,I'm still nursing a bad lower back issue so although i would like to have been busier today it might be Gods way of saying "take it easy on your back today", hope to get some yard work done after it gets cooler.

man this lager tastes good.:1062:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Crawled out of bed,ate some ibuprofen,made a cup of coffee and went to work,skipped lunch to get some extra work done,had some late afternoon work canceled until tomorrow,headed home cuz i got caught up early,made some hot brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal,gave the cat some treats,then the dog,grabbed a cold Guinness black lager out of the frig ,I'm still nursing a bad lower back issue so although i would like to have been busier today it might be Gods way of saying "take it easy on your back today", hope to get some yard work done after it gets cooler.

man this lager tastes good.:1062:

If you haven't given Aleve a try , I recommend it for back and joint issues .

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
If you haven't given Aleve a try , I recommend it for back and joint issues .

i will see if the better half can pick some up, right now i only take 600mg every two days, but i know its bad for my liver and kidneys, at least im not taking the oxy anymore, there is no magic pill for my back but i'll give Aleve a try.:flowers:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
i will see if the better half can pick some up, right now i only take 600mg every two days, but i know its bad for my liver and kidneys, at least im not taking the oxy anymore, there is no magic pill for my back but i'll give Aleve a try.:flowers:

Try the gel capsules. Also, you have to watch against over doing Aleve just like other NSAIDs .

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
aautofab1, my Pap used to use good 'ol icy-ht & an infrared lamp for his muscle/joint aches. it was effective for him.
my new-Dad gets very achy after a day on the job, so my Mom got him those monstrous OTC pain patches. she said he luvs 'em despite her initial skepticism to take the coupon for them.
for my pain, i take tramadol here & there. it's non-narcotic, tho stronger than ibuprofin. uncertain of its effects on the kidneys/liver, tho.

btw, i went & got my groceries & also kitty litter. then to the drugstore to sunscreen spray that was like spf 50 (wrinkles're not on my agenda!~), another alarm clock, toothpaste..... as i'm a rebel like that. was too exhausted to get to the strip to get lunch. blake was over for a few.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the old John Deere running and starting great now. Mowed a pass around all my fields up top as well as the neighbor next to me. Hope to make hay over the next 5 days. Going to get nice and hot over the weekend.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tilling and mowing is on the agenda today. My arms are tired already.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Tracking Tina's flight back from Korea. Shell be stopping for a couple of days in Hawaii ,and then home for a week . Then she's off to her duty station in the U.K.
We'd like it if she could spend a bit more time here, but duty calls .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tracking Tina's flight back from Korea. Shell be stopping for a couple of days in Hawaii ,and then home for a week . Then she's off to her duty station in the U.K.
We'd like it if she could spend a bit more time here, but duty calls .

How much longer will Tina be in the service? Seems like she has been there for some time now? Thank her from me. She is a good kid. Be proud of her.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Me I am sitting on the deck watching boats go by. My feet are higher than my hips just relaxing drinking a few Grain Belts and now my wife stuck a glass of wine in my face to go with the dinner she made me.. Salmon on the grill, sweet potato and a salad.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell i cant even remember what i did yesterday, but whatever fight i was in, with WTF ever i was in it with, i lost by the looks of my new wounds. :unsure:

I been using the chainsaw most of the day, so i can hardly wait to see WTF i look like tommorow. :pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are in St Louis at Washington University. Melen starts summer classes on Monday. It's sickingly liberal here. No tobacco sighs are everywhere but nothing saying drugs are bad!?! Oh and guns are banned, even says you can't have them locked in your car in the parking lot? Disposable water bottles are banned, they add to the landfills, you need to carry a refillable water bottle.

All that complaining aside, it's one of the top research universities in the nation so I know she will get a good education this summer.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i woke to feed my tig & babbit. listening to lucy & blake. a nap. dagnabbit, i need that snooze. between waking 2 change as often as the weather changes or to grab a ringing phone, snooze nary exists here. my internet habit may contribute slightly. shhhh.:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well since you are up how about helping me plant some raspberries? Or you can plant some other flowers and whatever is still in the greenhouse. That is my plans for the day.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
okay, & only since ur muley. berries have jaggers- ow. i'm good @ planting flowers. see 'ya soon. unless u arrive on a mule-driven buggy. then i'm hiding--:yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
well, load the mules onto ur cart & get on over here! i'll make/bottle 'em 4 later on!
berries grow here- lost cause; my Dad got berries fer my entirety. i'd pick 'em as early as was feasible

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang hot already! Got most of the tilling done and cleared enough stuff out of the greenhouse to open the second door. Planting a lot of posies and digging out unwanted stuff in a few flower beds. Filled up 3 more hollow logs for planters and moved the empty bee hive. Just turned the a/c on as we are to get to 86 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.