• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a good day so far.

Busted the belt on my 6' mower deck on the big tractor trying to mow the field. Felt some vibrations, by the time I turned around to see what was happening there was no more vibrations and no more spinning blades either.

Brought the tractor up the back path to the workshop and tried to take off the cover plates. Went to the right side belt cover: Bolt #1, no problem. Bolt #2, no problem. Bolt #3, not any way to get that loose. Figured I'd come back to Bolt #3. Went over to the left side belt cover: Went to the right side belt cover: Bolt #1, no problem. Bolt #2, no problem. Bolt #3, not any way to get that loose. WTF!!!

You were having the day that I had on Saturday .... everything that I touched broke!!!!

The tire came off the wheel on the little, 25 gallon, tow behind sprayer. Got out the little compressor and tried to get it blown back up and on, the compressor wasn't building any pressure. Later found that what passes for a seal on the piston is totally worn out. The sprayer is full of chemical but I finally get it jacked up and braced. I get the wheel off but break the retaining clip that holds it on. I tried everything I know of short of starting fluid to get that tire back on the bead but can't do it. Not to mention when I was filling the sprayer in the first place, the fitting blew off the end of the hose. I was so glad when the sun set and I could close the book on Saturday!!!!

Transferred the herbicide from the little sprayer to the big sprayer on Sunday, built more and got it put out and also sprayed 150 gallons of insecticide. I'm having a bad time so something is going to DIE. :biggrin:

I fixed the hose today. The compressor is pretty much junk. I'll get the tire fixed tomorrow and then ... we'll look for something else to break!!!! :yum:

Country living is good ... sometimes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cleaned out the camper inside and gave it a bath. Then dropping it off at the dealership for a couple warranty items this week before bringing it out to the seasonal site where it will live till our next adventure.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Angelface

Very very frustrating day... :ermm: At this point I could honestly freak out. But you know something? I am not going too. I just can't stress anymore. So whatever.. heres to another day. :flowers:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's a girl. We're all dealt shit every now and then. It's the ability to see past it and smell the roses.

Having a rough night myself. Guess 17 days on the road is catching up with me. My back is throbbing. Legs are cramping and I can't feel my feet but hey.....I'm still here.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Relined an alumninun guncase ( carolina custom foam ) . Finished up ,delivered and set up a shooting bench for my BIL. Tested said bench . Cleaned the rifle . Life is good .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1- Leaving shortly to the local high school to finish construction of the frame of the Freshman class homecoming parade float.

2- Already got a new bottle of bourbon. Its St Augustine Distilling Co's Double Cask Bourbon. Today was the official release date in Florida. I got in on the early release and my bottle was delivered by FedEx.

3- There was a shooting across the street from Wake Forest University. Naturally I was a little concerned. Seems to be a home invasion by 2 black males into a campus owned off-campus house rented by 4 students. Nobody injured. Winston-Salem police investigating. Just another reason why I never wanted Melen to live off campus.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
laundry-food-bar(s)- & get a few new items @ Nordstrom's; then a shoe place, via my bud, as he great to me- get him items, too-- i'll give my input; tho he can chose sweeeet items by himself, as of late, too~

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Came home from a couple nights at camp. Last night was just a tad bit rough around the fire.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent a bit of time reminding casual correspondents that:

bin Laden aided and abetted the 9/11/01 terrorists, but he finally paid the full price for his perfidy. However ...
Obama and Clinton abetted (at the least) the 9/11/12 terrorists and have yet to be held accountable.
[A video? They blamed a flippin' video? That is the quintessential definition of idiocy! (And some people bought it. :sad:)]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent a bit of time reminding casual correspondents that:

bin Laden aided and abetted the 9/11/01 terrorists, but he finally paid the full price for his perfidy. However ...
Obama and Clinton abetted (at the least) the 9/11/12 terrorists and have yet to be held accountable.
[A video? They blamed a flippin' video? That is the quintessential definition of idiocy! (And some people bought it. :sad:)]

I do agree Obama and Clinton aided and abetted on 9/11/12, but the reason was far from idiocy. It was self preservation. It was to keep Obama in power. The election was coming up. A terrorist attack such as Benghazi might have hurt Obama's election campaign. Even while the attack was going on I believe they were scheming at how to downplay it. Thus no support / rescue forces could be sent. They decided for their own greater good those 4 lives could be lost. Sickening :puke2:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Quick trip to the border to pick up a wheel bearing hub I ordered while on our trip after one side blew. Came home and an hour later it was installed. Discovered the cv shaft needs replacing as well so I ordered one of those. Guess I'll be back to the border next week.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I do agree Obama and Clinton aided and abetted on 9/11/12, but the reason was far from idiocy. It was self preservation. It was to keep Obama in power. The election was coming up. A terrorist attack such as Benghazi might have hurt Obama's election campaign. Even while the attack was going on I believe they were scheming at how to downplay it. Thus no support / rescue forces could be sent. They decided for their own greater good those 4 lives could be lost. Sickening :puke2:
My point was not that they were idiots for trying to divert attention; it was that of all the things they could have pulled
out of their - err, hats - that video was the most idiotic. "The dog ate my homework" is more believable!
:doh: It still
embarrasses me that some of my countrymen actually bought it. :sad:

Last edited:

Angelface

Tired... so I go to sleep and then wake up 4 hours later only to lay awake with my mind racing about everything til daylight reaches my bedroom.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
met a pal 4 drafts, & to watch 'dem stillers win!-- -- rock on, black & gold; we luv u~

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tired... so I go to sleep and then wake up 4 hours later only to lay awake with my mind racing about everything til daylight reaches my bedroom.
I do the same. Although it's pain that wakes me up. I had a rough night. This weather change is doing a number on me. It's up to 26celcius during the day but drops down to 10 at night. My back is in knots and causing the nerves going to my legs to act up causing my legs to cramp severely and my feet to throb. Yesterday I was back to taking baby steps.

A visit to my doctor around lunch time meant a half hour getting from the truck across the parking lot to the elevator then maybe another 15feet to the office. Then another half hour getting out of there. I don't wish this on anyone

Angelface

I do the same. Although it's pain that wakes me up. I had a rough night. This weather change is doing a number on me. It's up to 26celcius during the day but drops down to 10 at night. My back is in knots and causing the nerves going to my legs to act up causing my legs to cramp severely and my feet to throb. Yesterday I was back to taking baby steps.

A visit to my doctor around lunch time meant a half hour getting from the truck across the parking lot to the elevator then maybe another 15feet to the office. Then another half hour getting out of there. I don't wish this on anyone

Oh I couldn't even imagine.. :sad::sad: But you are right about the colder weather, I keep feeling the pain in my neck a lot more. 9 months later and it still hurts.

They keep prescribing me all these sleeping pills that I just don't care to take. Once a friend told me I was up and doing things around the house while being completely asleep in my mind, it freaked me out to much.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been pretty much in constant pain for three days now with no relief. My feet are throbbing to the point where I have to avoid walking any distance. I'd like to get downstairs to put on a load of laundry but I can't A. Lift the laundry basket. B. Carry it for 10 feet let alone down a flight of stairs. C. Stand long enough to load the washer.

Ugh. I tell you this is tough. To go from being able to do anything to barely being able to stand just plain sucks. My boat has only been in the water a couple times this summer and the last time I couldn't last more than 45 minutes sitting in it fishing. Hunting season starts this weekend and I have my doubts I'll be able to do much hunting again this year.

The difference between me and someone older is that for the most part someone in say their 70s or 80s has gradually lost the ability to do most things over years. I went to work one morning a healthy 38 year old guy and woke up in the hospital two days later with basically the same abilities as an 80+ year old. Frustrating to say the least.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got out the rug shampoo machine and started cleaning the carpets. Walter does not like loud noises. When I was done with the carpets I could not find Walter and she did not come to me when I called her.

Found her on top of the dinette table in the kitchen, she could not get down but somehow managed to jump up there :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_8858.jpg
    IMG_8858.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8859.jpg
    IMG_8859.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 82

Angelface

Have a strong urge to write.. but I don't know if it would be any good. :ermm: Got prescribed some different meds today, getting used to them is um, well not very fun. Sometimes I just feel like a zombie... no wonder I always end up stop taking them all together. :unsure:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This was the day that I set aside to wash and wax the RV. It took me all day. In fact it took so long that I had to miss the Hay Show, which is usually good for dinner and to meet friends.

While cleaning the roof I found one place that probably needs to be recaulked before it becomes a problem and starts leaking. I probably won't get round to that before Saturday.

I was sitting outside having a beer as the sun set, looking at the RV and thinking, "Darn, I did a good job. That thing is sparkling" when I noticed one small place right up at the roof line above the passenger door, about 1" x 8", that I had missed. That one place is going to annoy the crud out of me every time I look at it until I get up there and take care of it. That probably won't be until Saturday either. Ah well, I did my best and I WILL fix it.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Working on the long road to learning how to program and use my new DMR. (Digital Mobile Radio)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This was the day that I set aside to wash and wax the RV. It took me all day. In fact it took so long that I had to miss the Hay Show, which is usually good for dinner and to meet friends.

While cleaning the roof I found one place that probably needs to be recaulked before it becomes a problem and starts leaking. I probably won't get round to that before Saturday.

I was sitting outside having a beer as the sun set, looking at the RV and thinking, "Darn, I did a good job. That thing is sparkling" when I noticed one small place right up at the roof line above the passenger door, about 1" x 8", that I had missed. That one place is going to annoy the crud out of me every time I look at it until I get up there and take care of it. That probably won't be until Saturday either. Ah well, I did my best and I WILL fix it.
One product I just discovered that works awesome at keeping the rv clean is turtle wax ice. For the cursed black streaks that every rv experiences I use spray 9. But only let it sit a couple seconds before washing it off with a good wash n wax product with a wash mop then hose off. Gets most of the black steaks off. We had the issue of a very hard water coming from the well at camp that left a rust like run coming down the side of the camper where the hose hooks up. The spray 9 removed that as well. But don't leave it for more then a few seconds otherwise it will eat away the finish and has been known to peel decals.

After I'm done washing it and removing the black streaks I use the turtle wax ice. Just spray it on and wipe off. Leaves a smooth shinny finish that lasts the season.

When I bought my camper they offered an $800 exterior protection package that included basically just a wax that lasts a year. I declined that as well as the interior package. A couple cans of scotch guard took care of the interior and 20 mins with a bottle of turtle wax ice outside took care of the exterior. When we got back from the trip it only took me 20 minutes to wash the camper with this stuff on it. The finish is like a sheet of glass.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the Turtle Wax Ice tip. I'll look for it. I've always used RV and Boat cleaner and wax that gets used at least twice a year after we come back from our two major trips. I really hate to let those squashed bugs get baked on to the vehicle. It makes them really difficult to get off.

And yes, we do all get those black streaks, don't we? I've always used cleaner and elbow grease to get them off. The problem got a little more manageable when I started treating the rubber gaskets around the windows, etc., with an Armor-All product that prevents them from drying out. It all takes time though, lotsa and lotsa time.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Went and saw my neurologist. Had some good Chinese food at my favorite restaurant.
Went to the ACE hardware for a few things. Then I noticed that they had more ammo. I don't know if any of you have those where you live but the one near me has lot's of ammo.
I sure wouldn't have thought of a hardware store having ammo but this sure does.
It also has mace and some cheap but nice enough folding knives.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Went and saw my neurologist. Had some good Chinese food at my favorite restaurant.
Went to the ACE hardware for a few things. Then I noticed that they had more ammo. I don't know if any of you have those where you live but the one near me has lot's of ammo.
I sure wouldn't have thought of a hardware store having ammo but this sure does.
It also has mace and some cheap but nice enough folding knives.

At one time most hardware stores sold guns and ammo. Not today though, the last one that did near me went out of business in 95. :sad:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
At one time most hardware stores sold guns and ammo. Not today though, the last one that did near me went out of business in 95. :sad:

Our Ace stocked ammo for a short time and you could also get your hunting licenses there. The quit a while back because I think that I was the only one that ever bought some. They still carry some shotgun shells.

Status
Not open for further replies.