• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Haiti relief auction: Pete Seeger's Banjo Head.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
seegerhead.jpg

You are bidding on a true, one-of-a-kind, legendary and historic piece that rarely comes to auction. This is the authentic old banjo head from Pete Seeger's long neck banjo. Sitting on a Vega Tubaphone rim for the last 30-35 years, this Vega sized, 10-15/16", banjo head bears Pete's iconic inscription, "This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender."

It has played in nearly every State in the union and around the world. In many countries, many people of many politics, colors, and religions listened to the notes trickling from this banjo head. From civil rights rallies, to saving rivers, to saving the planet, to the steps of the White House, Pete's big 90'th birthday celebration in Madison Square Garden, the folks of Clearwater, the Beacon Sloop Club, and the Children's Chorus of Beacon...indeed this is a piece of history.
Watch a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abnDlDISEbE"]video[/ame].
Currently, the high bid is $510.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Maybe FF could hold a Auction to help raise some funds for the relief effort....members put up some unwated stuff and let the bidding start.Al could over see the $$$ goes to the right place....just a random thought.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe FF could hold a Auction to help raise some funds for the relief effort....members put up some unwated stuff and let the bidding start.Al could over see the $$$ goes to the right place....just a random thought.

I think it would be better to give through your local charity that you trust . I like Rum way too much and might run off with the funds and end up getting a bunch of Haitians drunk along with myself . That would be bad publicity to see a FF member in that sad condition :sad:......... I might even get thrown off FF doing that :dancing::beer:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I think it would be better to give through your local charity that you trust . I like Rum way too much and might run off with the funds and end up getting a bunch of Haitians drunk along with myself . That would be bad publicity to see a FF member in that sad condition :sad:......... I might even get thrown off FF doing that :dancing::beer:

Well i would trust you 110%

Last edited by a moderator: