• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The SuperBowl was a Big Disappointment...

humor_me

BOTH teams looked ill-prepared and out to lunch at times:pat: .

I've seen better games during the regular season!:toilet:

Other than the Half-Time show (the Rolling Stones :thumb: - NOT that loud-mouth Chris Berman), the Budweiser and FEDEX ads, the evening was a waste of time.:eek:

We had a power outage right in the middle of the 2 quarter for ten minutes, and I just was never able to enjoy the game after that.

What a ripoff.

And BTW, Both teams choked, bad...:tonguewit :tonguewit But the:poke: Steelers:whip: were able to swallow-through most of their chokes!!!

OkeeDon

I don't know much about football, but it looked like the Seattle team outplayed the Steelers, and the Steelers out-tricked and out-lucked the Seahawks (and the Steelers were the beneficiaries of a few calls).

As for the half-time, I guess Betsy and I are the wrong generation. We watched it, we listened really hard, and we were at total loss as to where the entertainment value was. The were a few ugly, old farts skipping around on the stage and screaming things we couldn't understand, on top of the same guitar chords over and over..I'm glad someone enjoyed it. We would have preferred marching bands.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I can't say the game felt like a rip off, but niether team looked that polished. The Steelers really looked like crap in the first half, but like Don noted they seemed to get the lucky plays when they needed to count and won the game with that.

Gatorboy

All I know is that the Marketing Department at Pepsi aren't too swift. They had the worst ads of the night.

humor_me

OkeeDon said:
As for the half-time, I guess Betsy and I are the wrong generation. We watched it, we listened really hard, and we were at total loss as to where the entertainment value was. The were a few ugly, old farts skipping around on the stage and screaming things we couldn't understand, on top of the same guitar chords over and over..I'm glad someone enjoyed it. We would have preferred marching bands.

Don,
Those ugly old farts are extremely rich and well liked by various generations. Not to mention, just what they're doing now sets records about continuously. This has not been done before. One would think, that when you sooo far in life, that you'd retire. Not those men.

If you want marching bands, you need to see college ball. My annual favorite half-time show is when Grambling State University Tigers vs. the Southern University Jaguars around Thanksgiving time. Absolutely awesome performance.:thumb:

OkeeDon

humor_me said:
Don,
Those ugly old farts are extremely rich and well liked by various generations. Not to mention, just what they're doing now sets records about continuously. This has not been done before. One would think, that when you sooo far in life, that you'd retire. Not those men.

If you want marching bands, you need to see college ball. My annual favorite half-time show is when Grambling State University Tigers vs. the Southern University Jaguars around Thanksgiving time. Absolutely awesome performance.:thumb:
Yeah, I know they're rich and well liked. I just don't get it.

I love the college bands, but on TV, they usually show football highlights at halftime rather than the bands. I get my fix every week during the season because my daughter is the band director at the local high school, and we never miss a game except some of the furtherest away games. Her school also hosts the annual district marching band festival, where all the bands in the district get rated.