• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Superbowl Contest

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Got permission from the big boys to have a Superbowl Contest. Winnings are reputation points.

1st place = 20 reputation points.
2nd place = 10 reputation points.

You need to pick the winning team and the combined score of the game. So pick your team and then add up the points of both teams and place it here. All bets must be in by Friday February 3rd at 5:00pm central time. No bets will be allowed after that. Also please don't change or add to your bet. Once your bet is placed you can't change it. The one with the winning team and the closest combined score of the game will recieve 20 reputation points by the Forum Nerd. The person with the next closest will recieve 10 reputation points by the Forum Nerd.

Good Luck.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am doing a bump here or like LB says bimp :yum: Anyway we need more people in this contest so get your vote it.

murph

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Pittsburgh Steelers 27, Seattle Seahawks 21. Combined score 48. At halftime they will go into the locker room tied at 14. Steelers will have a big 3rd quarter.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Remember Friday 5:00pm Central is the last you can put in your bet. So get here in, I won't be around until Sunday morning to remind you all.

murph

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
thcri said:
Remember Friday 5:00pm Central is the last you can put in your bet. So get here in, I won't be around until Sunday morning to remind you all.

murph
Is that Central time in the East or West Coast ???? oh man !!! I am all confused now ! OKok I'm ready to vote now . I say the Denver Broncos over the L. A. Lakers by 40- luv . No wait !!! thats tennis !! oh crap nevermind....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gatorboy said:
Deadline is over 48 hours before kickoff? What kind of lame contest is this?

It is that time because that is the time I set it up. The contest started on Jan 23rd, you had plenty of time to place your bet. Not only did you have time but I put in two reminders to keep the post on top. :pat::pat: And no matter what time I would have put there someone would have bitched about it and your the first.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here is the bet's that I have. May the best team win.

Attachments

• superbowl.JPG
    superbowl.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 114

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Deadline is over 48 hours before kickoff? What kind of lame contest is this?

Actually it is the kind of contest that eliminates last minute vasilation and requires you to have some idea of what you're talking about so as to make an educated decision. Most importantly it's for fun!!!! I can see where you might find it confusing and hard to understand.

Gatorboy

Cowboyjg said:
I can see where you might find it confusing and hard to understand.

You can ... How so?

I would have put in a guess, but it was after the deadline, but now I see a guess that was put in AFTER the deadline made it in.

I guess if you are a cronie you can play by different rules.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gatorboy said:
I would have put in a guess, but it was after the deadline, but now I see a guess that was put in AFTER the deadline made it in.

I guess if you are a cronie you can play by different rules.

Gator,

If your referring to Dap's I believe his was in before 5:00 Central Time. I see by the time postd it was 5:23 but I am not sure if that is central time or not. I checked Friday evening and around 5 our time which is central and it was in. If you feel better place your bet before the game starts. That is 40 minutes from the time this post is.

And also remember I did not know what time this forum is posting either. But just put one in and I will accept it.

Last edited:

Gatorboy

thcri said:
And also remember I did not know what time this forum is posting either.

If you have your forum settings correct, the time shown is YOUR time.

That's ok, I missed the deadline ... but for grins:

Pittsburgh - 20
Seattle - 17

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
So I'm not the only one in Central that gets posts displayed as Eastern!

Am I missing a setting or does the software put all posts on Eastern regardless?:confused:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
THCRI, did Gatorboy squeak in at the end and win?
21 + 10 = 31 Steelers winning. GB guessed 37.

Gatorboy

Doc said:
THCRI, did Gatorboy squeak in at the end and win?
21 + 10 = 31 Steelers winning. GB guessed 37.

No, I missed the deadline and was not eligible -- I just put a guess in for fun.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Doc,

If I did not allow Gator to put a bid in the last minute Spiffy1 would have won first place and I would have won second place. Gator did end up winning and so to make things fair to Spiffy would you please give Gator and Spiffy1 each 20 points. We will have two first place winners and no second place winner. I feel this to be fair to Spiffy1.

Until next year guys.

murph

Gatorboy

thcri said:
Gator did end up winning and so to make things fair to Spiffy would you please give Gator and Spiffy1 each 20 points.

No need to give me any points. But thanks for the offer.