• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

John Deere 71 Flexi Planter - or similar?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a JD 71 Flexi Planter. The utility company 'meter reader' was asking me the other day where he could get one just like mine, he has been shopping and can't find one.

The guy who made mine is apparently no longer building them.

Anyone have a clue where to find one so I can help this guy out? Or perhaps a similar 2 row planter?

71FlexiPlanter.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/Tractor Pictures/71FlexiPlanter.jpg

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
I Anyone have a clue where to find one so I can help this guy out? Or perhaps a similar 2 row planter?

Ahhh, Bob.

If he's your meter reader, he obviously visits the neighborhood.
Why not sell, lease or otherwise give the guy a chance to use yours? Sell it to him with a clause that you get it for 2 weeks/year.

Just a thought but with something as nice as that, I'd have a hard time parting with it myself.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Ahhh, Bob.

If he's your meter reader, he obviously visits the neighborhood.
Why not sell, lease or otherwise give the guy a chance to use yours? Sell it to him with a clause that you get it for 2 weeks/year.

He may be my meter reader, but he lives 2 or 3 counties away and only visits my meter once or twice a year. My utility company bills me a flat rate based on average useage, they adjust my flat rate once a year, but I think they might check the meter twice a year??? And from talking to his wife on the phone when I called him back (he left me a note) I gathered from her that they don't have a truck to haul it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
And from talking to his wife on the phone

I should probably get banned for this but again Bob, have you discussed a trade for a couple days? (For those from WV, I'm talking a woman vs. implement trade).

Just kidding everyone...

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
...where he could get one just like mine, he has been shopping and can't find one.

I know exactly where he can find one just like yours! :tiphat:

Dave

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
I know exactly where he can find one just like yours! :tiphat:

Dave

Do you know where he can find one that is NOT in my yard?:eek: