• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

John Deere and Earthquakes

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
What does John Deere have to do with earthquakes? Not much really, but there is a connection that may have been inspired by this sign...

Sign.JPG

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The connection involves the designer of a patented ultra-low-power delta-sigma 24-bit A/D converter that is well suited to recording seismic activity, who also happens to love old tractors. Among his favorites are the John Deere 330 Tractor and its accompanying 14F Baler. To honor his dear John Deere tractor, he designed a seismic data acquisition system around the delta-sigma 24-bit A/D converter. That system is the Quanterra Q330 DAS and its external harddrive known as the PB14F Packet Baler.

Q330_Brochure.jpg

Baler_Brochure.jpg

Other systems developed by Quanterra include the Q720 and Q4120, also named for JD tractors.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Now, an article from the Feb 2000 issue of Green Magazine, the monthly magazine for John Deere enthusiasts, on the JD330 tractor and the 14T baler (sorry, couldn't find anything on the 14F).

Cover.JPG

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bob,

All that information was great to read this morning as I sit here with my cup of hot chocolate.

murph

willie

:thumb: Love those johnny poppers. My first JD was a model M. I've now got a 40S (standard) that's getting ready to get a complete makeover. It came with the original front weight, top link and three-point arms. I've traded out machine work with the neighbor down the street who has a JD repair shop and he's going to give it a complete engine rebuild, new clutch, brakes, etc. While it's in pieces, I'm going to further disassemble, give it new seals, paint, decals, tires, etc. It's given me 15 years of reliable no-complaint service so far, and with the rebuild I'm sure will go another 56 years. My next JD is going to be something along the lines of a 4020 to help bale hay and do the larger chores more efficiently.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Couldn't decide where to post this nifty little find, so I'll put it here. Spotted just north of Clovis, NM. Ain't she sweet?

Attachments

• P4160096.jpg
    P4160096.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 77

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Thats pretty nice Bob! Here is a picture from my last completed hole in NM. We used a John Deere to get er done. Thats my new work truck (not my personal) in the background.

Attachments

• construction pictures 008.jpg
    construction pictures 008.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 65

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• jd1.jpg
    jd1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 27

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
NOT for $65,000!!!

I need to find something within MY budget, like say, a $2,000-$5,000 basket case!

Anyone? Anyone?

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
and I thought prices were high on the current model year JD'S!!! (wouldn't mind having one of those balers, though)

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Little did I know they contain some large percentage of pure gold. :pat:

It's the green paint. Did you know you can make your own genuine John Deere Green paint at home? Just follow these simple directions.

1. Obtain a large quantity of $100 bills*. (The newer the better)
  2. Shred all bills in a standard office paper shredder.
  3. Place shredded bills in a 5 gallon bucket.
  4. Pour mineral spirits into bucket until shreds are covered.
  5. Cover bucket and let sit for 5-10 days.
  6. You can then skim the green paint off the top of the mineral spirits.
  7. Filter skimmed paint through some cheese cloth and place in a clean container.
  8. Repeat steps 1-7 until you have enough paint for your project.
  9. Paint may be thinned with additional mineral spirits.
* Does not work with denominations of less than $100.