• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Iranian airspace

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Iranian Air Defense Site: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'
Air Defense Site: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'
Air Defense Site: (... total silence)

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
That has been around for a bit, but I still enjoy rereading it any time! Thanks!

This is a video of an F-18 taking off from a Carrier that isn't related, but neat to watch anyway.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2TF-9Rs850"]‪F-18 He's a pilot‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Lia

Banned
Yes, it has been around for a bit, I read it only last week, but, as you say Foggy, it is really funny, and many people won't have seen it before, so it will be new to them.

The video was neat, tho rather mundane. I don't get it? Was it just a training mission, a very short one? He appeared to take off from the carrier, fly around for a spell, and then land back on the carrier!!??!! lol

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Yes, it has been around for a bit, I read it only last week, but, as you say Foggy, it is really funny, and many people won't have seen it before, so it will be new to them.

The video was neat, tho rather mundane. I don't get it? Was it just a training mission, a very short one? He appeared to take off from the carrier, fly around for a spell, and then land back on the carrier!!??!! lol

Since it was at sea, I doubt it was training. Just routine sorties.