• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This weeks play off picks ?

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
This weekend brings up the :
Broncos Vs Pats
Steelers Vs Colts
Redskins Vs Seahawks
Panthers Vs Bears
My picks are the Pats,Colts ,Seahawks ,Panthers .

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
nixon said:
Broncos Vs Pats
Steelers Vs Colts
Redskins Vs Seahawks
Panthers Vs Bears

Bears.

Don't care about the rest. :whistle:

(Bears and Colts in the Superbowl)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
nixon said:
Broncos Vs Pats
Steelers Vs Colts
Redskins Vs Seahawks
Panthers Vs Bears

Yeah they would be my pick too. Panthers are playing too good right now and may take the Bears. The Bears may be in a slump of some what also because of the last game. Not because the Vikings beat them but the defense of the Bears had some records to clinch and the Coach took them all out before they could clinch them. I know some of the defensive players were upset.

murph

working woman

Site Supporter
his weekend brings up the :
Broncos Vs Pats
Steelers Vs Colts
Redskins Vs Seahawks
Panthers Vs Bears

My Picks Broncos,Colts,Seahawks and Panthers

think Panthers and colts for superbowl

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
nixon said:
Broncos Vs Pats
Steelers Vs Colts
Redskins Vs Seahawks
Panthers Vs Bears

Probably.....................But what I want is >

Broncos
Steelers
Redskins
Panthers

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
nixon said:
Broncos Vs Pats
Steelers Vs Colts
Redskins Vs Seahawks
Panthers Vs Bears

My picks: Pats, Colts, Redskins, Bears.

Panthers looked great last weekend, but I'm hoping the Bears can come thru.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
GOOOOOOO Stillers!............(pizzing off Dargo and Skurka...:whistle: )

I got 75% of what I wanted!

Now for a Carolina/Steeler Superbowl! 5th and 6th seed teams going to the big game, what a script it would be!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
As much as it sounds bad, I figured that the Colts were done when the Chargers exposed the Colt's weak offensive line and inability to stop the blitz. If the Colts could handle the blitz like Brady and the Pats do, with their screens, they could have gone all the way. The Colts showed in the Charger game that Manning gets rattled and the O line can't always give him a secure pocket. If Manning could only have that beautiful touch screen pass like Brady....

The Steelers first quarter on O and D were straight from the Charger's game against the Colts. When the Colts couldn't adjust, I knew they were done. As much as I wanted them to win, they had no hope even with a little help from the refs. Yes, even though I'm for the Colts, they got a gift on that one interception reversal. I missed the end of the game. I actually turned the game off at that point. I hate bad calls; even when they are for my team. Oh well...go Steelers! :eek: Gotta love Cower's glare and spittle!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
As much as it sounds bad, I figured that the Colts were done when the Chargers exposed the Colt's weak offensive line and inability to stop the blitz. If the Colts could handle the blitz like Brady and the Pats do, with their screens, they could have gone all the way. The Colts showed in the Charger game that Manning gets rattled and the O line can't always give him a secure pocket. If Manning could only have that beautiful touch screen pass like Brady....

The Steelers first quarter on O and D were straight from the Charger's game against the Colts. When the Colts couldn't adjust, I knew they were done. As much as I wanted them to win, they had no hope even with a little help from the refs. Yes, even though I'm for the Colts, they got a gift on that one interception reversal. I missed the end of the game. I actually turned the game off at that point. I hate bad calls; even when they are for my team. Oh well...go Steelers! :eek: Gotta love Cower's glare and spittle!

As far as the officiating this year, especially for the Steelers, it stinks. Three play's in yesterdays game. Yes the interception reversal and the Polomalaus first pick was ruled incomplete. Then can anyone tell me how you can have no infraction on the one non play blown dead when there was either motion or offsides/encoachment on either team, btw.... a very important time for both teams.

Funny, I can't find any criticisim on the officiating in the playoffs and ESPN mentioned it several times this weekend. Cinncinati fans are irate about not getting a penalty on the Palmer hit, I don't think it warranted a flag but thats my opinion. What do they want. They gained 61 yards on the play. Maybe other than an additional 15 which frankly doesn't guarantee a TD. They ended up with a FG.

The officials gave New England 52 more seconds in the Steeler game this year. Just appears more highlight films have to do with the officials these days. I really would like clarification on the interception call from yesterday. How long do you have to have possesion? Two knees down and a roll all while having control doesn't cut it?

I'm done.........:soapbox:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That was one heck of a 4th quarter in the Steelers/Colts game yesterday...

It was amazing how many things changed in the last 5 minutes.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My picks for this Sunday

Steelers over Broncos
Panthers over Seahawks

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going with the same picks as Big Dog And BC. I just hope the officiating is more up to par than last week .

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
They are all going to lose. It will be chaos! The Super Bowl will have to cancelled. The halftime show will still go on as usual as will the commercials.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
They are all going to lose. It will be chaos! The Super Bowl will have to cancelled. The halftime show will still go on as usual as will the commercials.

GO SOX!!!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I predict 3 home runs, no one left on base, no errors, a knock out in the 3rd round, and two goals.

Yeah, but the officiating is going to be terrible with all the offsides and goaltending calls.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Yeah, but the officiating is going to be terrible with all the offsides and goaltending calls.

You're right. Last week, even though I am a Colts fan, it didn't help the Colts when they distracted that blind and deaf umpire. They still lost. :( Maybe this weekend someone will score a perfect 10. :thumb:

MadReferee

Every single play of every single game is reviewed by the NFL officiating staff using both TV video and their own video. Trust me, those officials, if they made a bonehead call, will be notified that they did. They could even be replaced if they had another playoff assignment. It could also affect to what crew they will be assigned to next year.

Disclaimer: I am not a football official but I do know how evaluations at that level are handled.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
MadReferee said:
Every single play of every single game is reviewed by the NFL officiating staff using both TV video and their own video. Trust me, those officials, if they made a bonehead call, will be notified that they did.

I do think that Polamalu (sp?) did get ripped of his interception against the Colts, and didn't care for that call, even though I wanted the colts to win. I think that would classify that call as a bonehead call in my book. Did you see that one? I generally don't complain about calls that help my team, but that one...