• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

gearbox repair

dirk

hello,

here a picture from my st4, the gearbox need some repair.
i have not much time, so i hope it runs again next winter.
going to paint it and put in a bigger engine. 1600 cc
let's see if it works out.

dirk

Attachments

• P1090371.jpg
    P1090371.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 307

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
by gear box you mean transmission car craft in california can do it right for you and it won't cost an arm and a legg be cautious when removing it the steering box is also attached to parts of the varriator see my trhead last year about transmission removal the transmission is a bug trans with a van shift tower on it i opted to use the bug tower it took so monkeying to make it work i now have a sealed shift shaft.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You didn't say what you removed but I took some pictures of how the heater needs to be cut and welded off of a stock 1600 that came in a later snomaster . If you need them just pm me
Jim

Last edited:

dirk

transmission repair

So i got the transmission out and now i gonna send it to the guy who will fix it.
I´m lucky he is a teacher in a auto mechanic school and he takes it as a project.
It takes maybe more time, but the winter is anyway almost over.

Attachments

• P1090374.jpg
    P1090374.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 250
  • P1090381.jpg
    P1090381.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 254

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't done mine yet ,but it may be soon. I was told an easy way is to match things up prior to installing them.
Jim