• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wear that Helmet!

Ironman

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06KvVvVQ1Mc"]This is kinda creepy[/ame]

What do you think about that?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, if that is true, that is pretty darn amazing.

I'm curious, it says he lived. Can he lead a normal life or did the accident take its toll on him?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Unfortunately, the driver did die in the crash. His name was Brandon Lee White, 26, of Broken Arrow OK.
A friend of his died almost the same way one week later. Ran into the back of a pick-up at over 100 MPH on the same highway.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
So....the helmet merely prolonged the agony a little. Now don't get me wrong, I am a proponent of helmets. What would be great is that when you put it on it makes all the stupid in your body disappear....:hammer:

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I have always said - Put on your head what you think it is worth.

Your choice.

Some things, such as this case - Nothing can protect you from.

Ironman

I was 99% sure that it was staged until I found it on snopes - it was very real and he didn't live. Poor taste on my part to post that. Sorry.

Poor kid. RIP Brandon White.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was 99% sure that it was staged until I found it on snopes - it was very real and he didn't live. Poor taste on my part to post that. Sorry.

Poor kid. RIP Brandon White.

No, NOT in poor taste. It opened a discussion that we can all learn from. I ride a scooter, it will never hit 100+ but it will go 45mph and that is plenty fast enough to get me killed. When my daughter rides the rules of our home say she must wear a helmet. I don't follow those rules. "Do as Daddy says, not as he does!" Maybe I need to rethink some things.

Ironman

Can you image being that poor kids Father and seeing that on youtube? Especially at the end where it said he lived? omg... that would mess me up in the head a little I would think.

When my daughter rides the rules of our home say she must wear a helmet. I don't follow those rules. "Do as Daddy says, not as he does!" Maybe I need to rethink some things.
I am in the exact same boat as you. I just picked up a 1979 Honda express moped for my youngest boy and spent alot of time going over safety rules/situations with him, and my oldest boy... well, I don't let him drive anything anymore. :neutral:

It's so easy to fool yourself in this hot weather and go for a short ride without a helmet, and thats all it takes to start that bad habit. I found myself on the interstate the other day, just a short trip, - no helmet!:hammer: Never again.

Don't take a chance guys!

benspawpaw

i did have a wreck on a motorcycle.jerk on my side in a curve.i went to the edge to try and miss him but slid in the gravel on the inside of the white line.went down hard but only at about 45 mph.i hit on the dirt but my head hit pavement.i still have the helmet, it is no longer fit to wear because of the impact, but it saved my head.always wear one. its the smart thing to do:hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was also in a motorcycle accident. Got rear ended my a mack truck on the highway as I was slowing down to turn in off the highway. His headlight hit my left handlebar and took the bike out from under me. I had a helmet on. The helmet's still got the road rash scratches to prove that it saved my head from becoming a hamburger.