• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ford 860 3-point question?

chevro

we are trying to sell a 1957 ford 860 tractor. a guy called on it and wanted to know the lift capasaty on the three point hitch arms so we looked in the manual and couldent find any thing. and we looked on www.tractordata.com and couldent find anything. and where wondiring if any of you knew any thing about the lift strangth or whare we could look

thanks

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good question. I had a 1952 Ford 8N and it would handle a 600 pound box blade with no issues. I would guess it was close to it's limitations but can't be sure. That is the heaviest implement I used on the 8N.
Not a direct answer but hope that helps.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I did a search on the web and found one place in a description of a search page that said 1700 pounds. My dad use to be a Ford mechanic. I think he could take some of the older Fords apart and put back together blind folded. He is getting up there in age but I gave him a call and he remembers 2000 lbs providing pump is in good condition. He also personally had a 860 also.

Hope that helps you some.

murph