• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shovels??

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
just wondering if there are any more shovel head riders on here. I am about to tear my 82 FLH down and make some changes. My rear rocker box gasket has been blowing oil and that was what I was originally going to correct. Well now I have an Andrews AB cam, chrome oil tank, lifter blocks, all stainless braided oil and gas lines, and am changing to a chromed FXE battery box. The reason for changing to the smaller battery is so I can use FX pipes of which there are many more go choose from than FLH pipes. Gonna take a couple of weeks and then it might be warm enough for a little riding. Have a goodun!!!!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wished I'd have never got rid of my Shovels, still have my Evo. The only thing I've ever done to any of my Harley's is add a SS carb and pipes.

There's nothing like the sound of a Shovel with drag pipes ....... :thumb:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
I agree about the sound of a shovel with open drags. I am running 40" drags on mine. I am thinking about a set that I saw in the J&P catalog. They are fish tail drags that angle up on the rear. Have a goodun!!!!

RedRocker

I had a 66 back in the day.
74.jpg

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy RedRocker,
man that would be a classic today. I remember those long front ends. They were so cool back then!!!!! Why not get another one and do it all over again? Have a goodun!!!!!!!

RedRocker

It's kind of a money/priority thing right now, I'd love to put another one together. I had a 99 Ultra for a few years, but needed a tractor, so it had to go.