• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Old 1800 Oliver tractor...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wondered if anyone here knew how the hydrolic pump is driven. My dad's has seemed to instantly lost all hydrolic power, including the steering. I have not taken time to look at it yet, just wondering if anyone here knows, maybe Mr Nay? ( I know he has an Oliver or two...)

I quized the local Agco dealer mechanic, and it has been long enough since he had one torn down, he couldn't remember much about how the pump is driven. I suspect a woodruff key maybe sheared off on the drive shaft. Unfortunately this is probably deep inside the transmission case.

Thanks, Kirk

Rockette

I used to work at a tractor paint company, maybe I can help you.

What type of hydraulic pump is it? Is it the one with the black line down the side?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Oliver tractor made it. I found out yesterday it maybe the long PTO shaft that has slines cut into it, that goes into the engine flywheel has probably failed. The spines on the shaft are usually gone, but the fly wheel ring usuall survives, as it is harder steel. The shaft is available new from Agco for $460. When I get it a part i guess I'll be ordering one....The other thing could be the shaft is broken inside of the transmission case. In this case removal can be a night mare...so I am told

Thanks, and welcome to TFF though!...

Kirk