• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pretty smart "African" american

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi, since I can't drive due to my seizures I have to take the bus. When I walked up to the bus stop I saw a black guy talking to a Hispanic man with a child. Since his English wasn't that good I will try to paraphrase some of what the black guy said, because it seems to make a lot of sense and I have found it to be true.

He was trying to get some directions from the Hispanic guy with no luck since that guy spoke mostly the (Mexican version of) Spanish.
Even though the black guy's English was pretty bad I was able to give him directions about the bus.
Okay now this is what he said (paraphrased) that made a lot of sense:

What's with the Mexican, Mexican, all the time they say Mexican. Have kids, live here twenty years and it's Mexican this Mexico that. Not American. Why that?
So I ask him where he was from and he said:
Africa, but I am AMERICAN
Yep he very proudly said American.
He is right it's not that way with (most) people here from Mexico.
I told him why I think that is: Because it's to easy.
Think of it, TV shows are in Spanish, directions are in Spanish even ballots to vote are in Spanish.
They don't have to become American and fit in.

The guy from Africa did and was proud to do so. Like I told him my people were (some anyway) from Ireland but they became American.
Nothing here was in Gallic and I'm sure nothing here is in whatever African lingo he originally used.
Yep, his English is still bad but he is trying. I am proud to have him (and people like him) as Americans.
Most people from Mexico won't fit in (which is why I usually call them Mexican rather than the more politically correct Hispanic/Latino).
I told him to just keep talking to people and his English would improve,
Only later did I think that living around where I do he would probably learn Spanish first.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know where you live, but a lot of the south west used to be part of Mexico and many Mexicans still like to consider it as theirs, taken wrongfully from them.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I took a cab in anchorage last year the cabby was from one of those eastern Europe country's, and was complaining about our president. he commented that that the country he came from had a better free market than we have here. had he known that he'd have stayed there. his main complaint was all the government regulation and taxation of those who choose to work here. where he came from if you were unemployable you starved the rest of the country didn't support you. seems the former soviet block nations learned there lesson about how well the great utopia actually works.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Yep I love my state (I'm a native) and like Mexican people but their attitudes like it's Mexico Del Norte instead of Arizona gets old. They love to have their cake and eat it too. They can speak Spanish and do everything they do there, but with better wages & nicer jails.

RedRocker

All of the Americans I know of Mexican descent feel pretty much like the rest of us about the illegals. I'm all for anybody that want's to become an American, if you want to change America in to the same shit hole you came from, then piss off! That wasn't too insensitive was it?

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catavenger
but with better wages & nicer jails.

It has been said, "In many small towns in Mexico they only have one jail cell. If it is occupied and someone else commits a crime, the one in the cell gets shot, to make room for the new inmate."