• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Oregon Democrat Hypocrisy - Trump Protests

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Let's compare the responses to two recent protests in Oregon:

Malheur Wildlife Protest:

- Approximately 27 people charged with crimes and penalties that include up to life in prison.
- These people were basically camping in the middle of no where and not really causing much in the way of damage.
- One protester executed by State Police and the FBI while driving into town.
- Most "costs" associated with this protest are from the excessive and over blown state and federal law enforcement that was deployed - NOT from the actual protesters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_the_Malheur_National_Wildlife_Refuge#Costs
According to an initial analysis by The Oregonian, the occupation "cost taxpayers at least $3.3 million to cover the massive police response, a week of shuttered schools and a long list of supplies ranging from food to flashlight batteries."[215] Most of the cost was for around-the-clock police work: the Oregon State Police spent US$1.2 million on wages, overtime, lodging, and fuel; while an additional US$788,500 was paid for help from other police and government agencies from outside Harney County. Harney County, its schools, and the municipalities of Burns and Hines, Oregon, spent US$521,800. The US$3.3 million figure also includes wages paid to employees who could not work because of the occupation, such as US$425,000 for about 120 BLM employees whose offices were closed. The figure of the costs does not include additional costs, such as lost time in the field, delayed or canceled BLM projects, or added demand for food and services at local nonprofits, such as the Harney County Senior Center.[215] A subsequent estimate stated the cost as at least US$9 million, including US$2 million spent relocating employees who had been threatened by the militants, US$2.3 million on federal law enforcement, US$1.7 million to replace damaged or stolen property and over US$3 million spent by Oregon government agencies.[216]

Portland Oregon Anti-Trump protests:

- On a single night 17 people are charges with some criminal citations and released. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/11/police_arrest_17_people_during.html
- One protester is shot (probably because he was threatening the occupants of a car in the middle of the road).
- Numerous innocent people have their vehicles attacked and are verbally and physically assaulted simply by being trapped in the middle of the protests.
- 4 nights of protests.
- Employees at several downtown businesses are forced to leave work early in order to escape the anarchy.
- Estimated costs to private and public property and economic impact at over 1 million dollars but this is only after 3 nights of protests.

Does any one else see the abject hypocrisy here? This liberal Democrat mindset feels it is fine to allow these violent protests to go on because they support the "cause" but an other wise peaceful protest against something they do not support must be met with a violent and over bearing police response.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I did something today that I have not done in a long time, I watched the Sunday talk shows, both local, and network. The one thing that jumped out at me is not one democrat/liberal/progressive on the shows spoke out against the protests. In fact on a local show, a woman who is head of ethics and civil rights in Detroit blamed Trump for encouraging violence throughout his campaign.

Most all bemoaned the story of children who are scared that they will be forced to leave the country. Of course not one acknowledged that these people broke the law and that we do not reward law breakers.

It is really sad that so many free loading democrats/liberals/progressives think they are owed so much, by so many. These people need to be arrested, and if illegal deported immediately. Those who are members of this country if they are on welfare, have it taken away from them. If they can protest they can work. And, finally if they are students, kick them out of school and make them go to work.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Angelface

I live in Oregon and this state is VERY divided... The western part of the state is very liberal as the eastern side of the state is very conservative.. I live in eastern Oregon and its quiet as usual... We do have a college here and there is a few that express their views that differ from the majority of conservative voters, but are peaceful about it and have accepted the results of the election without any protests. I'm personally not going to give my take on it, but do know that the majority of Oregon voters both democrat and republican are peaceful people who keep to their own. Portland has always stood out as a sore thumb in our state for many reasons and many other issues.