• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is that what you think of us Preppers?

Tweeker

A friend stopped by this last saturday while I was puting away 5 cases of emergency water, he said "I did'nt know you were one of those types"
"one of what types" I retorted
Those survivalist
I explained that I was more like a boy scout, not a survivalist, but that did not change the distaste he had for me at that moment.
He went on to say how we were first hand evidence of how society was breaking down and that our efforts only feed mass hystaria and even that our stock piling should be outlawed.
He went on and on about how we profit from the suffering of others
At that point I interupted him and voice a strong objection.
He says, you got weapons do'nt you?
I said yes but that did not mean that I was going to use them on poor suffering citizens.
He said defending my stock pile of goodies while others went without was just as bad as using the weapons to take what others had.
At that point I told him he had best change the subject.

It makes me wonder if others view our activities in the same light.
I want to clarify, for those whom may think that way and are willing to read this long post
I would give, donate and share my last bit of food and last drop of water with Anyone who needed or wanted it period
The weapons are for use in the event that thee is anyone who thinks that an emergency situation is license to loot rape plunde pillage and intimidate
As a last note. my friend is no longer that.
But I will still give him food or water or shelter if need be.
Tweeker

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Let me make a wild guess, he's a liberal and a Obama supporter ? :whistling: If he aint he is damn sure a candidate for one and will be the first to be looking to live off of others when shit hits the fan & there aint no MAYBE about that, its just when. :wink:

Screw him and the skegway scooter he most likely rode in on. :biggrin: Do what you feel is smart and comfortable for you and yours, and to hell with anyone else that questions it. :tiphat:

Tweeker

Thanx for the support
He drives one of those tiny "smart" things, but I'm sure he has a segwa or a sanwa what ever
ah so, also :yum:
Tweeker

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Not to put down on your friend, but anyone who drives a Smart, in my opinion, is just the opposite. Those things are useless deathtraps. That being said, when shit hits the fan, and believe you me, it will, then we will see him change his tune right quick when he runs out of water and edible food in 24 hours.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think he is just worried that if the SHTF you will shoot him when he tries to steal your stuff that he was to stupid to stockpile

loboloco

I have a 'friend?' that is an anti-gunner, anti-prepper type. He once asked me why I only have a small amount of food put back. I told him I had lots of ammo, and since he didn't have any, I would quickly have his food. He thought I was joking. Heck, my dog is a standby food supply.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well i live a semi substiance life style here in bush alaska there is no shortage of water and i challenge any fishcop to write me a ticket for poaching if he shit hits the fan

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Tell your friend to pick up a Bible and read what it says in Isaiah, Daniel and the Revelation of St. John.
Unfortunately due to my medical condition I am stuck where I am otherwise I would be waaaaaaaaaaaay out in the boondocks. I am sure that people think I am a nut but I think that something very, very bad is going to happen soon. I just pray every day.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You're "friend" drinks the Kalifornia Kool-Aid. Not trying to put your friend or state down as there are just as many gulpers per capita here in Vermont. Trust me. The difference here is two fold. We have a huge gun culture here that rivals or surpasses any other state and secondly we know how to use them.

Don't worry what others think. Take care of you and yours. I mean after all I was a Boy Scout. Be Prepared. :smile:

Tweeker

It is unfortunate that California has become so polarized.
Everyone I know who prep and have weapons are former military, Police, or other public service people. But this crap of a state wants us all to be labled as wackos or worse, criminals.
I hate this place.
Tweeker

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It is unfortunate that California has become so polarized.
Everyone I know who prep and have weapons are former military, Police, or other public service people. But this crap of a state wants us all to be labled as wackos or worse, criminals.
I hate this place.
Tweeker

Living in a liberal state has its disadvantages, that's for sure. I know i live in one as well.

Tweeker

What drives me nuts is that we have a conservative majority, but somehow we are always on the liberal ticket.
The three AMIGOS, boxer finney and peloise have an unbelievable amount of power.:sad:
Tweeker

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
people may think before they judge. i prep as i see fit. i've received criticism in an inadvertantant manner that was so full of holes i laughed, when they have nary an inclination as to just how prepped i really am.

i thought maybe each induividual's preperation actions ought not be so openly displayed. if we're good, my family is good....... that's the main deal. we have double plans. on ea. side.
u look after urself, tweeker. i may be sarcastic. i'm smart, tho. very. & so're most on these forums. ignore 'im- he'll be begging for food or h2o @ one point. screw 'em. ain't ur job, nor is it ur duty.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Tweeker, I'm in the same boat. Like you I'm a Boy Scout and not a Doomsday Prepper. I think that those people are a little looney. They're going to dive into a hole in the ground and live for two years, come out and inherit the earth. There's not going to anything worth inheriting after two years but if it keeps them happy and gainfully employed, what the hell.

Unlike you, I've no intentions of sharing the little I have except with a very few people. It's strange. Living out in the country like I do, most people I know have a small stockpile, some more than others, because things out here can get a little unpredictable. I think it's the difference in mentality between city folks and country folks. In the words of Hank Jr., "A country boy will survive" and like TR, there's a whole lot of guns out here in the country.

I still remember the idiots in New Orleans during Katrina that didn't have the common sense, knowing that a hurricane was knocking on their front door, to fill their sinks, pots and pans and anything else that would hold water while it was still running. They didn't even have the sense to drain the water from their water heaters. They sat around on their asses, twiddling their thumbs and complaining that they didn't have or couldn't afford bottled water. To be honest, I don't see people like that as a threat to me unless they stumble across me when I'm totally drunk and incapacitated lying in the pasture... and that isn't going to happen.

No, you "friend" was just exhibiting the tax the rich (share your commodities) mentality of the libtards and I don't use that expression very often but here I think that it's appropriate. No, I don't think that I would help them or ... would you really be helping them. You'd just be prolonging the inevitable because they very likely wouldn't make it anyway. They don't help themselves by sitting around with their hand out and you would decreasing your chances of making it through by diminishing your resources. If anything did happen, even for just a few weeks, there would be some very tough decisions to be made.

Last edited:

Kane

The slow creep of the Progressivism has 47% of Americans on the dole and convinced they are "victims" of something or another. So when surely when calamity comes, their government will be there to protect them and provide for them.

Individual responsibility has been supplanted by collective salvation. Bummer for the Progressives when SHTF.

Tweeker

Tweeker

I still remember the idiots in New Orleans during Katrina that didn't have the common sense, knowing that a hurricane was knocking on their front door, to fill their sinks, pots and pans and anything else that would hold water while it was still running. They didn't even have the sense to drain the water from their water heaters. They sat around on their asses, twiddling their thumbs and complaining that they didn't have or couldn't afford bottled water. To be honest, I don't see people like that as a threat to me unless they stumble across me when I'm totally drunk and incapacitated lying in the pasture... and that isn't going to happen.

No, you "friend" was just exhibiting the tax the rich (share your commodities) mentality of the libtards and I don't use that expression very often but here I think that it's appropriate. No, I don't think that I would help them or ... would you really be helping them. You'd just be prolonging the inevitable because they very likely wouldn't make it anyway. They don't help themselves by sitting around with their hand out and you would decreasing your chances of making it through by diminishing your resources. If anything did happen, even for just a few weeks, there would be some very tough decisions to be made.

You are sooo right ETF, we preppers here keep real quiet about it, my preps are not even at my house, there is nothing here for the zombies to take.
Tweeker

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
You are sooo right ETF, we preppers here keep real quiet about it, my preps are not even at my house, there is nothing here for the zombies to take.
Tweeker
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xkfNsbI5ls"]Adam west Zombie - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry, had to :yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum:can't make 1 luvs-joke on here. seriously. it's getting to be amusing. hang on- another zombie's on my stairs. gotta bolt & get this one, too.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Last Friday at 6:30 a storm when through my area that knocked power out for every town in every direction within 50 miles from me. No power no where. I have never ever seen that happen before. Gas and ice were in short supply. Everyone needed gas for their generators and needed ice to save perishibles when you could not run the generator 24 x 7 due to the gas shortage. One major gas station has back up power. I know folks who where in line for 8 hours and another for 4 hours. The line was over a mile long to get into the station. Everyone was well behaved from what I've heard.

Power came back on within 48 hours for some, but we still had long gas lines and no ice. The ice plant was out of power until yesterday. Some ice was trucked in but was gone in short order. Everyone wanted ice. I could relate. I had gasoline but needed ice.

I had not considered how important ice could be. I plan to look into getting a mini ice maker for personal needs. While my fridge can make ice I could not run the generator long enough to make ice of any count. I heard of some ice makers that can turn out ice much quicker than my fridge ice maker can.

While this was not a SHTF scenario, power outages which cover a large area can cripple a community. I suspect if your ex friend lived in this area and experienced what my community just went through he might change his tune.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last Friday at 6:30 a storm when through my area that knocked power out for every town in every direction within 50 miles from me. No power no where. I have never ever seen that happen before. Gas and ice were in short supply. Everyone needed gas for their generators and needed ice to save perishibles when you could not run the generator 24 x 7 due to the gas shortage. One major gas station has back up power. I know folks who where in line for 8 hours and another for 4 hours. The line was over a mile long to get into the station. Everyone was well behaved from what I've heard.

Power came back on within 48 hours for some, but we still had long gas lines and no ice. The ice plant was out of power until yesterday. Some ice was trucked in but was gone in short order. Everyone wanted ice. I could relate. I had gasoline but needed ice.

I had not considered how important ice could be. I plan to look into getting a mini ice maker for personal needs. While my fridge can make ice I could not run the generator long enough to make ice of any count. I heard of some ice makers that can turn out ice much quicker than my fridge ice maker can.

While this was not a SHTF scenario, power outages which cover a large area can cripple a community. I suspect if your ex friend lived in this area and experienced what my community just went through he might change his tune.
Good post Doc.
Sounds very much like what has been going on around here.
I've a few friends who are still without power of any sort.
They're going to the homes of family to get by until the whole thing is resolved.
We take the simplest of things for granted, until we don't have them.