• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finally got the garage started!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn DAWG, someone came in there and tossed spaghetti looking stuff in the walls and across the trusses. Disguised to look like electric wires. :hide:

Just kidding. It looks great. It's coming along nicely.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, looks like a man-land mecca in the works. Where are ya puttin' the Kegerator?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The upstairs loft would make a fine Photo studio for all those pictures you post in the MLR.:brows: Gotta have some place to take all those pictures of your subjects and I'm sure your wife is tired of having them in and around the house.:whistling:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walls insulated on both floors and we now have sparktricity ............ :clap:

iPhone photos ........ :glare:

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 124
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks HUGE!!!!!! :thumb: That would be so nice. Congrats big guy!!!!!!

Lia

Banned
I was away on business and these were taken last week while I was gone by the Mrs'. She does her best with a camera and her iPhone ............ :whistling:

I don't know a demmed thing about construction, but it looks mighty good, and I think your wife is an excellent photographer. The pictures are stunning!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good ! Who is the lucky one who gets to hang the rock? The days of 12ft. sheets are over for me. Maybe get lucky and the wife will want to mud for you!:whistling:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good ! Who is the lucky one who gets to hang the rock? The days of 12ft. sheets are over for me. Maybe get lucky and the wife will want to mud for you!:whistling:
A drywall hoist is worth its weight in gold. I can hang sheets on the ceiling all day long, by myself.
Mudding is another issue. I can do it well but can't stand doing ceilings.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
A drywall hoist is worth its weight in gold. I can hang sheets on the ceiling all day long, by myself.
Mudding is another issue. I can do it well but can't stand doing ceilings.

I've done this, too, but with a homemade bracing system. Can't say I wanna do it again, though. Still, I'll take the 12 footers over the 8's any day (as long as they're not 5/8").

Keep the pics coming, Dawg. Looks like a really rewarding project!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's 50 sheets of 5/8 x 12 for the 2 ceilings, their using a jack, scaffolding, glue, and screws. I'll be at work ............ :whistling:

Gonna take 54 sheets of 1/2 x 12 for the walls.

Ironman

Usually it's only a matter of time before we wish we would have went bigger... but I think you are good to go for a while. :D

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More progress ...................

Attachments

• IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 83

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good!

Do you have a moisture problem? Wondering why you went with the different types of drywall

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good!

Do you have a moisture problem? Wondering why you went with the different types of drywall

Recommendation from one of the guys working on it. Ask me if I was planning on washing cars in the garage and if so it may be a good idea. For the little added cost I said what the hell ................ :biggrin:

Wash down was why I went with the 4 block course rise anyway so may as well take care of car wash over spray .........

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Should be slopping primer by tomorrow afternoon, planned moving day Saturday ................ :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 45

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Few more ..........

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 45

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow ! That looks great ! I still have the downstairs of my new barn to sheetrock out yet . I hope to get back next year to get it done .

Enjoy the room !!!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Primer going on! ............... :clap:

Attachments

• IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 93

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Turning out great Dawg , Gonna be one helluva nice shop :smile:. I,m curious to your choice of lighting though . Dont look like much light for that big of any area in the pics , Or are they some new type of lighting & it just doent show well in the pics ? Thanks for the pics . :biggrin:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Monday or Tuesday 12, 4 foot T-8 fluorescent 6 bulb fixtures go up, each one is spose to be equal to a 400 watt metal halide at half the cost to operate! Thanks TC for having the calc done for me. While I'm at it, Murph had the calc done on the heat and Big Al did the initial drawings. It's a FF team garage!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Monday or Tuesday 12, 4 foot T-8 fluorescent 6 bulb fixtures go up, each one is spose to be equal to a 400 watt metal halide at half the cost to operate! Thanks TC for having the calc done for me. While I'm at it, Murph had the calc done on the heat and Big Al did the initial drawings. It's a FF team garage!

:tiphat: No prob

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lights .................... bright ........ :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 61

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good! lights make a world of difference and let you use spare time that is usually evenings and early mornings.:clap: