• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track Layout Drawing

dbrokaw

Here is a track layout drawing for making new tracks.
Drawing is based on orginal specs with english units added so as to not hurt the brain. We used this drawing to make a jig for laying out holes and drilling them with a hole punch - worked great - much easier than anticipated.
(also had to throw in another picture of #163)

Attachments

• ST4 Track Layout.pdf
    17.6 KB · Views: 540
  • st4.jpg
    st4.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 533

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dan, excellent addition to the Forums. No doubt everyone is going to have to deal with their tracks at some point.

I would also mention that there are at least 2 different track designs that I know of, and possibly 3 different designs. Some Snow Tracs had 2 belts, some had 3 rubber belts. I'm not sure, but I believe all the Track Master and Snow Master units had 5 belts.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
My Snow Master has the 5 belt system. I will be replacing all the belts this summer and I will post the hole layout when the time comes. Great tech. drawing! You also have a very nice Snow Trac.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
How are the belts spliced at their ends? Mechanical splice (looks like a hinge) or a vulcanised spliced (kind of welded).

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Niether on the Snow Tracs or Snow Masters. The simply over lap the ends usually one grouser and just use a slightly longer set of bolts. On the LMCs or Super Imps / Thiokols ect they use a piano type hinge with a very long bolt going through.