• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hydraulic filter. 1968 Tucker 442

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone know where I can find a new hydraulic filter for a 1968 442? I’ve been to several auto parts shops and equipment dealers but nobody seems to know. Any info would be appreciated. Here are a couple pics of the one I took out. The only thing it says on the filter is Michigan Dynamics Inc.

4d817ed2379670c82f0d4dd1f0583805.jpg

87e4f6a0ab5135a3c8e656ddb79aa58a.jpg

ba6dd2b4638c6f604faea600786fb2f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you tried the factory?

If you don't get a PN, I'd give applied industrial a try. applied.com will get you the nearest service center. I would bet by dimension they can find something. Probably a donaldson process filter.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Have you tried the factory?

If you don't get a PN, I'd give applied industrial a try. applied.com will get you the nearest service center. I would bet by dimension they can find something. Probably a donaldson process filter.

Thanks Cidertom. I did reach out to the factory also. Will share what o find if anything. Will also check Applied. Thanks!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oil Filter Service can fix you up. Call with dimensions 503-232-5126 They have solved every hyd. filter question I tossed their way.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Oil Filter Service can fix you up. Call with dimensions 503-232-5126 They have solved every hyd. filter question I tossed their way.

Good stuff thank you! I will give them a try looking at other filters online, I think there may be an end cap Missing on mine. Which means there is probably another part at the bottom of the tank that I didn’t fish out yet. But once I check for that, I will call. Thanks.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Send them the photo and dimensions. If who ever you are talking to has a problem ask for Fred. He knows his stuff and is the owner.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
No. This is kind of a strang set up I think. The filter just sits inside the tank and slips on to the line out. I’m not sure I really understand it and now think I need to look a little closer, which I will do next week. The tank is the coffee can looking thing near the firewall in this picture. I talked to Clyde and he said it didn’t look stock. Anyone else got this setup?
5f4bf6fa75e029d07c10774c3a4f197f.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it almost looks like a oliver hydraulic tank.

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can a hydraulic pump work intermittently?

It seems like this Tucker gets flow but when it needs to make pressure it only works some times?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty sure that tank said Garrett or Garnett power steering.

Plan is to make a pressure gauge to put inline and see what is happening with pump.

It’s either pump or orbitrol. Just can’t see how a pump
has pressure sometimes but not others. We definitely have flow.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Seems like a good place to start. I will tinker and get some pics and ideas this weekend. Open to any and all suggestions.

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
Can a hydraulic pump work intermittently?

It seems like this Tucker gets flow but when it needs to make pressure it only works some times?

By definition the pump does not make pressure.

“A pump produces liquid movement or flow: it does not generate pressure. It produces the flow necessary for the development of pressure which is a function of resistance to fluid flow in the system. For example, the pressure of the fluid at the pump outlet is zero for a pump not connected to a system (load). Further, for a pump delivering into a system, the pressure will rise only to the level necessary to overcome the resistance of the load.”

http://www.hydraulicspneumatics.com...M/Article/False/6401/TechZone-HydraulicPumpsM

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
One other thing to check, pressure relief valve. I've had one intermittently stick open so it never developed pressure. Then other times it stayed shut and everything worked.

Somehow the valve shaft bent.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty sure that tank said Garrett or Garnett power steering.

Plan is to make a pressure gauge to put inline and see what is happening with pump.

It’s either pump or orbitrol. Just can’t see how a pump
has pressure sometimes but not others. We definitely have flow.

a local company in my town built garrett tree farmers in 1965. it is a large hydraulic tractor built for logging.