• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

spryte torsion axle rebuild info?

HankScorpio

I just picked up a 1200c? full cab spryte. I am a Tucker guy so this is new to me. Real nice spryte from the Crow reservation in MT. Chassis is in great shape but 1 torsion axle is shot. I can pick up the tire by hand so the rubber inside the axle must be bad. Seeing no fasteners I fear that the axle is not rebuildable. I have been searching the site for a couple hours but have not found the info I am looking for. Are these axles rebuildable? How do they come apart? Who has parts? Thanks.

Dr. Zaugg

I doubt you can find a sprite axle but you can find 3700AC cats lying around. the mid axles are alike but longer. You can cut out a section in the middle to make it fit your Spryte. Do not cut close to either end or you will burn the rubber and ruin that axle.
a Thiokol 2100 axle will work the same as a 3700AC.

HankScorpio

The local junkyard has a 2100 that he will sell me but it is complete so $2500. Not a horrible price for a complete machine but not a great price for an axle. Thought about buying it and building a man box for the back but it is awful wide, about 13 ft. I could part it out I guess but that's a fair amount of work on top of the spryte I am trying to rescue. Thanks for the interchange info DR. Zaugg.

catservice

I can build you a complete new axle to OEM Specs.

It usually takes me 3 to 4 weeks to get all the parts cut and fabricated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk