• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Man Shoots Down Drone

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
"... On the other hand, medical researchers are wondering if drones could be very useful in being able to quickly transport vital medical supplies."

TOTAL B.S. "wondering", "could be", "quickly", "vital"..... sounds like some politician wrote that.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I think you should have every right to shoot down a goddamn toy that has a camera on it that is flying over your home and/or property.

We have lost enough privacy in this country and the government keeps trying to take more, they fly drones over private property then they should not expect to get it back in one piece. Fuck 'em! :hammer::hammer::hammer:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you should have every right to shoot down a goddamn toy that has a camera on it that is flying over your home and/or property.

We have lost enough privacy in this country and the government keeps trying to take more, they fly drones over private property then they should not expect to get it back in one piece. Fuck 'em! :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Drones flying over other peoples private property are trespassing. Why is this any different than running your ATV over my property?

The Amazon thing is going to create thousands of problems if it is allowed. There is no valid reason why Amazon should be allowed to break the rules for their convenience while at the same time inconveniencing property owners.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
So fly your TOY remote controlled plane over your own damn property.

I agree 1000%, I made that distinction because some people are trying to say they are AIRCRAFT and are protected by FAA regulations.

If, (and I say IF) they are aircraft, then the same FAA regulations that some people say protect them, ALSO prohibit them flying BELOW 400 feet and above any structure or person.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

It's pretty well known what goes on at pig raising operations like that. The problem of handling the effluent is universal. The EPA can drive up to any one of them and see exactly what is going on. You don't need to fly a drone or radio controlled aircraft over the place to do that. If the person who took those pictures had walked on to the property to do it they could have been charged with trespassing. I don't see what the difference is when they use technology to achieve the same result.

If you want to spy on me on my own property, get a warrant ... otherwise - kaboom.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry for the double post but I've been sitting thinking about this and it's a little trickier than I initially thought.

I live in Texas. I own the mineral rights on my property. A landman once told me that as such I not only own the surface rights, I own the rights to any minerals below the surface, all the way to the center of the earth. Not only that but I own the air above my property all the way to wherever. I remember that he said it was all the way from heaven to hell.

Now, the sky is regarded as a public thoroughfare so I can't sue airlines or the military for flying through "my" airspace at altitude but exactly where my airspace ends and public airspace begins has never been defined as far as I know. I'm willing to bet though that it's over the 400 feet that these drones are supposed to be limited to. Either way, I'm willing to take the chance by arguing in court that they were trespassing on my property and airspace and I was legally entitled to shoot it down.

Now my head hurts and I'm going to bed. :biggrin:

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully, no one was thinking I was defending drones overflying private land to spy, I was not.

I know USDA and EPA can drive up to any farm and see whatever they want. What they are not doing is taking any action on what they see. Could political contributions play a role here? Nah! Silly me.

However, a call to a friendly legislator has begat laws about interfering with farming.

Gee! Kind of like the "dark act", isn't it?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that this whole drone frenzy that is starting to consume the population is somewhat like the social media craze that governs so many people's lives. It give individuals an opportunity to eavesdrop or spy on someone else's life without taking part in it or taking any responsibility for their actions.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
drone frequency jammers are next. jammers for cell phones have been available but illegal in some places.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
drone frequency jammers are next. jammers for cell phones have been available but illegal in some places.

Now, wouldn't that be fun!!!

In my previous post I forgot to mention the pinnacle of popular culture voyeurism .... the television reality show. Honey Boo-Boo anyone.