• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Build sheet on my '63 443a

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
So I was able to get the original "information sheet" on my new (Broken Grousers) '63 443-a. This stuff always winds me up.. Like discovering some lost treasure in your back yard. Turns out "Katy" was built for the U.S. Air Force in March of 1963 and they took delivery in October of that year. Yes an Airforce brat! Not to mention all of the other useful stuff like axle ratios pump model, belt numbers matching engine number etc. Originally a mud-tracker. Remarks section has a notation that says it was delivered without a muffler..I guess if you are used to working around jet engines a Tucker hardly gets your attention!
Too cool..going in the 'Cat Book along with manuals.

That's very interesting Tom. At one time I contacted Jodi at Tucker and they couldn't find anything at the time, she said that years book was missing then.

What a great find. I think the cat was also owned by a timber company - according to the folks I purchased the cat from in Casper, WY, they thought it was used to "cruise timber" for next summers harvest.

Is Tucker able to send you a copy of the build sheet? Maybe I'll try to see what they have on the '53, although it's history is well documented by Mtn-Track's restoration.

Mark

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Jodi sent me the "information sheet" a one page item that shows a lot of what went into the 'Cat . It is in their archives. Mine was stapled to another and she almost could not locate it. Give her a call she was very helpful.

Tomorrow the pinion seal get replaced as well as hopefully the engine block heater.. Then off to Crested Butte next week end for some cattin around

Last edited: