• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tuckers for sale in anch ak

bill w

looks like a couple of twins of my machine for sale in the feb issue of ALASKANEQUIPMENTTRADER.COM....both supposed to have low hours,winches....desirable 360 [over heavy diesel]...allisons..etc 15995.00...but i'm sure $$$$$ talks the best thing about the gas models is they weren't used as much on the slope.....mine never even went up there....and if it even hiccups you can buy a new crate 380 magnum with a warranty and drop it in....bill w

Here is another one in Big Lake http://anchorage.craigslist.org/bfs/1575647607.html
3n13ma3o95Od5T25R0a1s665beb9924cb120c.jpg

3n53m13od5O95T25Paa1se2175fc5952e12b2.jpg

cabinboy

Hey Bill keep the pictures cumming I am starting to think that I need a tucker.I wonder about how much the shipping would be down to the lower 48 for one of those tuckers

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
The one listed on Craigslist is a "wide cab" model. Bill Guthrie has one listed for sale at snotrans.com. You can see photos of it on his website.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i would want the one with the road oiler i like the oil burners better and detroits are easy to rebuild and easy to start if tuned up right.

bill w

i turned down 29,ooo for mine and it was cash......i really believe mine will perform with the 113,000 dollar one....while i agree with dds on the detroit.....it will start at -40 with a shot of ether...my 360 weights about 750 lbs lighter in the front...which is where you want the weight savings....tows 1000 gallons of fuel for our mines no prob if it's a broke trail.plus carries all the fuel for the trip on the deck.i really think mine will stay up with any model of it's time.burns 7 gallons an hour pulling hard.built a really nice sled,8x12 ft......it's basically a catamaran sled that tracks exactly where the tucker goes.i'm having probs with my photos on this computer..i'll include photos as soon as i can...major land clearing photos coming.....maybe even a u-tube video...it's great....lol.....bill w

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Hey Bill keep the pictures cumming I am starting to think that I need a tucker.I wonder about how much the shipping would be down to the lower 48 for one of those tuckers

You buy it and I will store it here on my test track....:whistling:

bill w

cabin boy...........i can get it moved down on a backhaul.....cheap....way less than a freight company...if you find something let me know...Bill w

cabinboy

Fogtender thanks for offering to store any new Tucker purchase at your testing grounds for me. Bill I will hold you to your offer of shipping a tucker down to the lower 48 if I happen to find the tucker I just have to have. I do like the looks of the 4 door models , do some have longer tracks than other models?

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hard to beat some of the prices I've seen listed here. http://www.trackinc.com/Newest_List_of_Used.html

I don't know...

They struck me as being less desirable machines (due to the shorter tracks). And their usage in terms of hours wasn't very low. $25K for a short track four door? I would call that pretty high.

When the ad states that one of the 'cats strong points is it still has it's Tucker emblems, I think that's "damning with faint praise".

cabinboy

How can you tell the 4 door is a short track ? Is it by the model number or by the number of wheels on each track ?

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Both.

A 1300 series machine has four idler (or "bogey", if you prefer) wheels per carrier (short track). A 1500 series machine has five idler wheels per carrier (mid-length track). And a 1600 (or 1700) series machine has six idler wheels per carrier (long track).

The longer the track, the greater the surface area and hence the better the flotation. I grew up in Vermont where the powder had a fairly high moisture content. The same is true in the midwest. Now I live in Utah and the powder has much less moisture and it is much, much lighter. Flotation is a big issue and one desires a long(er) tracked machine.

Another illustrative example would be snowmobiles and their tracks. Here in Utah I have a "mountain machine" which has a 163" long track with 2.4" track lugs. In the east or midwest they probably run a 122" long track with much shorter lugs.