• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pistenbully scout 30hrs

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am posting for a friend. he can't climb in his scout because of leg problems and sold his cabin. a like new well cared for pistenbully scout maybe 5 years old and 30 hrs on the meter. comes with trailer . located in Bakersfield,cal.
i'm not positive about the price . 90 thousand all work on it was most likely done by pistenbully in reno.
best I can do is give you his email or phone after checking with him.

jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
he traded in the cat that I own on a new scout. at that time I think the scout was 125 thousand. he also has a large motorcycle collection for sale.

ssort

oops, i forgot to add that i have had number of conversations with @jimVT's friend and they guy is first class. No expense spared from what i could gather.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I walked through the pistenbully plant in reno one evening. john deere engines looked pretty good.

ssort

Mark, if that one is gone I’m on the brink of selling my 2013 scout. Let me know if you have interest.

TR
2oh689oh89oh1

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I am posting for a friend. he can't climb in his scout because of leg problems and sold his cabin. a like new well cared for pistenbully scout maybe 5 years old and 30 hrs on the meter. comes with trailer . located in Bakersfield,cal.
i'm not positive about the price . 90 thousand all work on it was most likely done by pistenbully in reno.
best I can do is give you his email or phone after checking with him.
jim

Jim,

That is such a sad story about your friend. He had a dream of a cabin accessed by snowcat in the winter, realized his dream...only to have it cut short by health issues.

This situation illustrates the point to all of us - that without one's health, quality of life can take a major hit. My sincere condolences to your friend, and I hope he finds happiness and a new dream to pursue.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just posted it for him . he lives in Bakersfield and sold his cabin.

rockhead

Sorry, I was referring to the one ssort mentioned, which is likely also out of my pricerange but curiosity and cats, you know :smile:

ssort

Sorry, need to do some homework on past sales for the same/year/condition. i was responding to Mark's inquiry, i did not post a For Sale.

I'll be in touch with those interested.

tr

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim,

That is such a sad story about your friend. He had a dream of a cabin accessed by snowcat in the winter, realized his dream...only to have it cut short by health issues.

This situation illustrates the point to all of us - that without one's health, quality of life can take a major hit. My sincere condolences to your friend, and I hope he finds happiness and a new dream to pursue.

Right on BFT! Wisdom to a happy life. Beware of those decisions which can permanently effect health. Some times the line between adrenaline high and injury is hard to see until it is too late.

I already have the plans for a hoist and mouth controls to get in and operate the Sno-Cat ready. If my eye sight will just hold out?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Right on BFT! Wisdom to a happy life. Beware of those decisions which can permanently effect health. Some times the line between adrenaline high and injury is hard to see until it is too late.

I already have the plans for a hoist and mouth controls to get in and operate the Sno-Cat ready. If my eye sight will just hold out?

Watch out for anal glaucoma! If you get it,you will never see your ass driving a snowcat again.........

(this comes from one of my workers who once called jokingly and said he had
Anal glaucoma and could not see his ass coming in that day.) it’s was to funny
To get mad .........

Last edited:
Folks what I can say is anything that Johnny owned and is parting with is worth every cent. I was greatful and humbled every day for 11 years that I got to work for this great man. He is one of the most giving individuals. Should anyone need any help here in Bakersfield please PM. My 1200 was given to me by Johnny. It’s sad to see ones body fail with a mind so great.