• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I'm Sad and I'm Happy

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I mentioned in some other thread on here that my wife wanted a new RV and had found one that she liked.

Well, she had a cat scan last Friday but when she got the all clear it was time to move on it. I swung past the dealer on Monday and it was still available. We went in today to work out a deal and it was SOLD to a guy from Washington State who was coming in this week-end to pick it up. Who in the name of the Good Lord, buys a RV, sight unseen, on the other side of the country. I'm sad and disappointed that I didn't get to fulfill her dream of owning that RV. It saddens me to have to let the lady down like that but there was no alternative.

On the other hand, I'm happy to have saved a bucketful of money. I think that, in order to cheer myself up, I need to go spend some of that saved money on something ... anything. I just haven't decided on what yet. No, I'm not looking for suggestions. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I mentioned in some other thread on here that my wife wanted a new RV and had found one that she liked.

Well, she had a cat scan last Friday but when she got the all clear it was time to move on it. I swung past the dealer on Monday and it was still available. We went in today to work out a deal and it was SOLD to a guy from Washington State who was coming in this week-end to pick it up. Who in the name of the Good Lord, buys a RV, sight unseen, on the other side of the country. I'm sad and disappointed that I didn't get to fulfill her dream of owning that RV. It saddens me to have to let the lady down like that but there was no alternative.

On the other hand, I'm happy to have saved a bucketful of money. I think that, in order to cheer myself up, I need to go spend some of that saved money on something ... anything. I just haven't decided on what yet. No, I'm not looking for suggestions. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If it was sold, it was sold. End of that story. However, time for a new story. :biggrin::biggrin:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't spend all that saved money. I'm sure she'll find another one, more expensive of course ....so you are best to keep saving and be ready for some other new RV

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Don't spend all that saved money. I'm sure she'll find another one, more expensive of course ....so you are best to keep saving and be ready for some other new RV

There is another one with a floorplan that she likes but it is built on the same F450 chassis with the same V10 gasser that we already have. I was looking forward to driving that M2 Freightliner chassis with the 8.9 liter Cummins and Allison transmission. It was a whole different animal from the one we already own.

I met the sales manager this morning in the coffee shop and he says that he is due another delivery from Dynamax in August sometime. Every time I talk to him about it I get the feeling that the price just went up. :biggrin:

So, I'll just sit around and count my money and wonder just how long I'll be able to hold on to it. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
There is another one with a floorplan that she likes but it is built on the same F450 chassis with the same V10 gasser that we already have. I was looking forward to driving that M2 Freightliner chassis with the 8.9 liter Cummins and Allison transmission. It was a whole different animal from the one we already own.

I met the sales manager this morning in the coffee shop and he says that he is due another delivery from Dynamax in August sometime. Every time I talk to him about it I get the feeling that the price just went up. :biggrin:

So, I'll just sit around and count my money and wonder just how long I'll be able to hold on to it. :yum:
Wishful thinking dude. It's OK to dream but the reality is you are married to a woman. (Which all things considered, ain't such a bad thing)

That money is gone when she finds the ONE she wants. And you sir, will be more than happy to make her happy.

That's how the system works. :whistling:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Wishful thinking dude. It's OK to dream but the reality is you are married to a woman. (Which all things considered, ain't such a bad thing)

That money is gone when she finds the ONE she wants. And you sir, will be more than happy to make her happy.

Again, wise words of wisdom from Franc. :biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

I know it and she knows it. I've spent 40 years of my life trying to keep the woman happy and contented. For the most part, I've succeeded. :smile: It's just that in the old days it used to be a lot cheaper. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
LMAO. How do you think we ended up with a new camper. I was happy with what we had for a couple more years. She who must be obeyed suggested a bigger camper. A week later I was hauling the old one to town to empty it out and load up the new one.

Remember. As a man, we're all in this together. Lol