• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

More bad weather for Ohio

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Another big wad of storms is rolling in from Indiana again. Not quite as bad as Friday but pretty impressive on radar. Not what folks who lost roofs want to see.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Trouble is these storms are not leaving much rain..There traveling to fast..Todays storm is producing 1"plus Hail...70mph gusts..and moving close to 50 mph..Looks as if it might be headed toward Rusty's and Mulemans..Hope it slows down and gives you guys some much needed Rain..:w00t2::brows: ....Like I said Friday if you want to keep it better strap it down...!!

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Trouble is these storms are not leaving much rain..There traveling to fast..Todays storm is producing 1"plus Hail...70mph gusts..and moving close to 50 mph..Looks as if it might be headed toward Rusty's and Mulemans..Hope it slows down and gives you guys some much needed Rain..:w00t2::brows: ....Like I said Friday if you want to keep it better strap it down...!!

Rain would be nice, except... well I am still waiting on a new seal for the hood right above the brand new, pain-in-the-ass-to-replace coil pack...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope PG and others out there get a break for the next week. The heat sucks but not as bad as having a damaged roof and no power. Going to be a lot of food go bad with millions with no power. I always keep enough gas to run my generator for a few days for that very reason. And in the winter time to move hot water from the boiler.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
This area does not need more wind hampering the line crews trying to restore power. That's the very last thing these boys want, trust me.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just saw a news bite where the Pepco spokesman was saying so many of the line crews had already left for the holiday and the normal crews were short handed as well. The other thing is all neighboring utilities have their own mess to work at so crews are coming from way far away. Not quite as bad as the NE ice storm was but still a mess.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Once again, the gas stations are packed, so are the restaurants.
Saw the guys refilling those bagged ice coolers outside of the supermarket.
There are AEP crews out for those who lost power on the north end of town.
Lots of folks out cleaning up.
What a mess.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Some of the Big box stores..have 40 yd.dumpsters..moved hourly..filled with food..that is throwed out..some have reefers..to try to save some of the food...most have been w/out electric since friday..We don't need any more wind..I was lucky lost no power..50ft across the street not so good..generators running 24/7...I couldn't imagine not having A/C..some neighbors have taken me up on the offer to have some A/C..I fixed my buddy up yesterday with a #8 cord that i had rigged for his generator..He called a hour or so later..said it worked fine..to run his well pump..so he could take a shower..and he actually had his A/C running...Wonder how Great-Great- Grand pa.. got by....lol...:w00t2::hammer::biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like Doc and others in SW Ohio are going to get hit pretty soon. Too bad its moving so fast. We just got 30 rain drops and looks like its going to just give us clouds with no rain. 20 miles south and further will get it all. It's not all its cracked up to be living along the South shore of Lake Erie. Everything seems to get pushed South of us.

Hang on, Doc, and everyone else in your neck of the woods.

jwstewar

We had lost power Friday about 1:00 or around there. It came back on about 4:00. Then at 5:30 that storm rolled through. We lost power again. They were saying Thursday, not sure what the situation is after that storm came through and took more folks back out. I had a small generator that I was running our refrigerators in the house on. Borrowed one Saturday and got on a waiting list at TSC. Bought it Sunday and passed the borrowed one on to other family members that were without power.

Using the new generator to keep the fridges in the house going and using the small one on the camper since it has an RV plug on it. This is allowing us to "live" in the camper. We have hot water, fridge, and most importantly AIR CONDITIONING. Burning through quite a bit of gasoline though. Running the little generator 24 hours, running the bigger one off and on to keep the fridges cold. Turning it off at night.

I do want to give a great big thumbs up to Tractor Supply. They were selling these generators: http://www.tractorsupply.com/generac-reg-5500-watts-portable-generator-1007921 that they normal sell for $699 for $641.99 including tax. So they marked them down $100 instead of up by $100. Good to see a company doing the right thing. Somehow they managed to get 72 of them shipped to the store Saturday night at Midnight. Sunday they had their entire crew there working to go down their list of folks calling people from their personal cell phones. I thought that was pretty cool. Again, awesome job Tractor Supply:clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They have a lot of stores and a big delivery system in place. I am sure they shifted stock from areas that were not hit to where the need was. That is where I got mine many years ago during an ice storm.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Somehow that storm went around me. We've got some wind and about 5 minutes of light rain. Sounds like it's good that it missed us. I wish some of you affected were a bit closer as I have a pile of generators ready to rock-and-roll.

jwstewar

Somehow that storm went around me. We've got some wind and about 5 minutes of light rain. Sounds like it's good that it missed us. I wish some of you affected were a bit closer as I have a pile of generators ready to rock-and-roll.

Wish I would've known, by the time I drove (and calling) around Saturday morning, I could've been there and back.:w00t2: