• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tornadoes Become Unexpected Wedding Guests

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought this was perty cool, talk about a "Kodak moment. :biggrin:

ks-wedding-2-tornadoes_650x366.jpg
Two tornadoes were unexpected guests at a wedding in Kansas on May 19, 2012.
Cate Eighmey Photography

A couple had a pair of uninvited guests attend their wedding in Kansas on Saturday, May 19: two tornadoes!
"My groomsmen and I were lined up before the wedding started and we realized there was a funnel cloud," says Caleb Pence. "It hadn't even touched down yet."
Pence and his soon-to-be-bride Candra were about to get married in Harper, Kansas when twisters started swirling a few miles away. While that would be cause for concern for most near-newlyweds, this Kansas family took it in stride.
Play Video
607357_320x180.jpg

An Unexpected Wedding Guest

"I went to go walk my Mom down the aisle and I told my Dad there was a funnel cloud starting and he just kind of shrugged his shoulders," says Pence. "It's Kansas, it happens. We knew there were storms coming."
Pence is a self-professed country boy who rides bulls in competition. He's even tracked tornadoes in the plains of Kansas for fun.
"When a tornado would happen, I'd grab my scanner and jump out and help the firefighters keep track of them (tornadoes)," says Caleb. "You know, small towns... we don't have storm chasers."
While Pence was nonchalant, his bride was not quite so casual. However, you could chalk that up to wedding day jitters.
wy-tornado-1_320x180.jpg
Caleb Pence and his new bride took time to snap a photo with the tornado.
Cate Eighmey Photography

"In the middle of the unity ceremony, I leaned over to Candra and told her 'Hey there's a tornado forming. She said 'I really don't want to hear about it now.'"
They didn't realize until the ceremony was over that there were actually two tornadoes nearby.
"(When the wedding was over) we walked down the aisle and there was two tornadoes there so we just started taking pictures," says Pence.
"We were never in danger because they were at least 8 miles away and going in the other direction. We were on the back side of the storm, we didn't even get any rain."
After a honeymoon in Wyoming, Caleb and Candra will return home to Kansas and, hopefully, no tornadoes.
http://www.weather.com/news/ks-wedding-tornado-20120522

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I guess they got the first stormy incident out of the way already.:clap: Or she could remind of the big BJ on their wedding day.:whistling::yum::yum: