• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gas station blows up.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
About an hour ago, found out the Cantwell Chevron gas station blew up. It is located about 200 miles North of Anchorage and 150 miles South of Fairbanks. It's a small community of about 400 or so people.

No idea if anyone was hurt yet, but will be a big blow to the community there since it was also a small foodmart.

Will be interested to see if everyone was OK! I know most of the People involved with it there.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Guess there were some minor burns, but nothing serious, couple of the employees say that they have hurt backs, but that wasn't a supprise either.

Insurance will take it over from there.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad that nobody was hurt bad. The community will hurt till they get things fixed up and running. Not many places to shop and get fuel up that way. Seen where the early storm caused Nome to miss their late season fuel delivery. That will create a lot of hardship for folks as they try to fly fuel in to keep things running.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Its a miracle no-one was killed. How awful.
Aint that the truth , I seen one of the comentors said their family was inside when it exploded. :ohmy:

Glad no one was seriously injured and they get back up running soon. :flowers:

Lia

Banned
Aint that the truth , I seen one of the comentors said their family was inside when it exploded. :ohmy:

Glad no one was seriously injured and they get back up running soon. :flowers:

Yes, one can't imagine the horror of it all from the point of view of those who were inside the building.