• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is Anybody Else on Spring Break??

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We start March 24th. Will be traveling to look at colleges this year for my youngest daughter.

murph

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Son and girlfriend were down last week, daughter down this week. Sure breaks up the peace and quiet with people around all of the time.

As far as the honey do lists, they are my lists and they are going very slow. They will start in earnest when we get home.

humor_me

Gatorboy said:
Not sure what A/C has to do with winter?

Sorry,
I guess I have to translate to Yankee (maybe you should loosen those earmuffs - they're choking your mind:D ):

It is still hot here in your winter months!
IE - January 75 degrees, Feb - 80degrees, March - 85-90 degrees:mad:

Gatorboy

humor_me said:
It is still hot here in your winter months!
IE - January 75 degrees, Feb - 80degrees, March - 85-90 degrees:mad:

Not sure where HERE is, your profile is pretty weak.

Having lived in Southwest Florida for 15+ years, there is WINTER there too. Unless you live in Australia -- then it would be summer for you. So, I'm still not sure what A/C has to do with you not having winter.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
HM - If I had to run my AC I sure wouldn't think it felt like winter either ....even if the calendar still labels it that.

GB even living in austrailia, they have winter.....just in different months than we do. :)

Gatorboy

Doc said:
GB even living in austrailia, they have winter.....just in different months than we do.
Uh, isn't it obvious I knew that based on my post? If you are a Floridian, winter is not your favorite time of the year -- brown grass, no rain, too cold, tourists everywhere, traffic jams. It pretty much sucks.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Gatorboy said:
Is it Spring already? I thought we were still in Winter.

Let me guess, you live "on" the east half of Maryland.

If someone told me that they were running thier A/C in the winter months, I would assume (and yes, I know about that word) that it was actually warm enough in the area of that said person who posted that it felt like summer (even though it was "winter"), thus the reason you would have to run your a/c.

humor me, how long do you have to live down "south" until you no longer are a "damn yankee"?:D

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I do not know if I am one of those damm yankees or not, do not think they come from ND. :D Neighbors down here are from all over except Florida. Behind me, Illinois, the one beside me is from Wisconsin, kitty corner behind me is from Mass. People down here are from all over. The locals are friendly to all, if you can find a local.

Been coming down here from one to three months for seven years now. Yes we had winter down here, January and February were cold, been running the air now for the last week or so, not much today, it started out cold, 62 degrees:fr2: .

Do not like this time of year with spring break, yes the roads get crowded, takes forever to get somewhere, but hopefully that will be over in another week or so.

As soon as it gets nice enough at home to till, we will be heading out, it will be nice to see only a car or two every mile on the intestate again, rather than the bumper to bumper for miles on end :whistle: .

humor_me

Gatorboy said:
Uh, isn't it obvious I knew that based on my post? If you are a Floridian, winter is not your favorite time of the year -- brown grass, no rain, too cold, tourists everywhere, traffic jams. It pretty much sucks.

McAllen, TexMexico,
OK, we get "winter", but it gets to the 50's for a couple of days, the 40's for maybe a day, has been known to hit the upper 30's for an hour or so. (although we did get snow last year {so funny - the highway dept, because of a total of 3" of snow, closed the on ramps to the freeway:pat: that day} that was a 50 year fluke)
And we get full of yankee tourists here too. And they are always driving like they're on ice.:yum: They are always complaining about the "cold" back home. Then around March, they start complaining about the "heat".
They don't make a dent compared in the amount of "tourists" from Mexico though.
The only brown grass here is where it don't get wet. With the sprinkler system, it stays green.

Today's HD is to cut the grass.:mad: