• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's Your Weather Like?

Cityboy

Banned
We're having and ice storm out here in Oklahoma with thunder & lightning. :4_11_9: I've never seen that before.

I was in a snow typhoon in Japan in 1986, but no thunder & lightning, just a shipload of snow at Mount Fuji where I was stationed at the time.

Anyway, more ice storms are predicted through Monday. :bitterCol

So what's going on in your neck of the woods this weekend?

BoneheadNW

Cold and overcast. We got over 5 inches of rain on monday, making for a busy day at work. Don't mind rain so much, but I do mind so much rain at once! See below for current conditions.
Bone

Attachments

• Current Weather.jpg
    Current Weather.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 129

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Clear, and 34 degrees, with a little frost. The last 4-5 days has seen much needed rain, and snow in the high country. Kirkwood ski resort announced a 24" base this morning.

Hutchman

Site Supporter
You can keep 'em, CB. I've seen the snow thunder storms in Missouri once and also, I think once here in Kentucky. Very weird event. Today, here in Bowling Green, at 10:30 am, we're already at 66 degrees and foggy. Supposed to be at or near a record high. Only 48 for a high tomorrow. That's a little below normal for us. Highs in the 30s by the end of the week though. Hutch

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
About 12+ inches of snow on the ground where the wind has not blown it away. Winter is here and will stay for a while. :snow2_smi: To cold for ice storms in our mountains.

NWS Riverton, WY
Point Forecast: 20 Miles SW Buffalo WY
44.13N -106.97W (Elev. 8249 ft)Last Update: 7:52 am MST Dec 9, 2007
Forecast Valid: 10am MST Dec 9, 2007-6pm MST Dec 15, 2007

Today
few.jpg
Sunny

Hi 20°F

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We're having and ice storm out here in Oklahoma with thunder & lightning. :4_11_9: I've never seen that before.

We get that every so often. Even at times no ice just snow, lightning and thunder.

Right now it is 3 degrees and we had about 2" of snow last night. It has been since 1995 that we have had as much snow this December. I have had to plow our drive 3 times already and our neighbor did mine once.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Today, here in Bowling Green, at 10:30 am, we're already at 66 degrees and foggy.

Back in about 1978 a bunch of guys and me drove to Bowling Green. We hit an ice/snow storm while there. They had to snow plows or very little of them and there was nothing but ruts in the streets. You got your self in one of them ruts and you could not get back out. And if I remember that was a dry county at the time and we had to go out every night to a neighboring county to get beer. But I think the University still remembers us. :1062: :beer:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Got another 6" of the white stuff last night as we slept.. About 12" to 14" now on the ground. Winter has arrived!

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Murph, we moved here in '81. Snow control then consisted of a couple guys in the back of a pickup with shovels throwing out sand on hills and curves. We've come a long way since then-have plows, spreaders, and a big salt pile. Still, out where I am, I don't usually see any snow removal equipment until the snow is gone anyway. Hutch

terbear1963

Sunny and 72 north of Atlanta, GA and supposed to be setting record highs and can't get a drop of rain to fill Lake Lanier.

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
We had about 3" of rain Fri and Sat. Most of it ran off because the ground was saturated from a storm a week earlier. Got a bit of snow yesterday; more is predicted for this afternoon thru Wednesday. Morning temps around freezing, probably in the 30s or low 40s during the days. Good weather for a hot bowl of stew in the evenings.

Cityboy

Banned
Sunny and 72 north of Atlanta, GA and supposed to be setting record highs and can't get a drop of rain to fill Lake Lanier.

I used to live off Lawrenceville/Suwanne Road and spent lots of time at Lanier in the 90's.

It seems like Georgia went into a drought about 10 years ago and just can't get out of it.

How low is the lake now?

terbear1963

quote=Cityboy;119335]I used to live off Lawrenceville/Suwanne Road and spent lots of time at Lanier in the 90's.

It seems like Georgia went into a drought about 10 years ago and just can't get out of it.

How low is the lake now?[/quote]

Today's 6am pool from the Army Corps of Engineers is 1051.37'---full pool is 1071.00 and it is dropping daily...we are now making record lows DAILY!! We live on the GA400 side of the lake in Forsyth Co. on Four Mile Creek and Four mile creek is barely a stream now. Our cove has been dry since the spring and looked like a soccer field instead of a lake. It seems like we can't buy rain here in the lake basin. The rain that we have received this year seems like the sky just would open up and split the rain storms up to go around the lake and then re-converge on the other side.
Here are some pics of our cove Nov 1, 2007

To the left of our dock.
DCP_3859a.jpg

Our Dock.
DCP_3860a.jpg

To the right of our dock.
DCP_3861a.jpg

Further to the right of our dock heading out towards the main lake.
DCP_3862a.jpg

Four mile creek/Lake Lanier that runs right in front of our dock.
DCP_3863a.jpg

This is further to the right headed on into the main lake.
DCP_3870a.jpg

Here is also a couple of links to photos from ajc.com
http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/metro/lanier1127/

http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/metro/addicks1111/

Its really a sad state of affairs here. :cry: We can't get the rain and the north west---Oregon, Washington and the mid west have waaaayyyyy too much.

Terri

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy crap!!!!:4_11_9: Where is the damn lake?!?!? Thats horrible. How long has it been like that?
Want to sell your boat? :)

RedRocker

I think we got all your rain this year, we're headed for a record wet year in North Texas. It's good for us, our lakes were way low for several years, but it sure sucks for you guys that did without.

terbear1963

Holy crap!!!!:4_11_9: Where is the damn lake?!?!? Thats horrible. How long has it been like that?
Want to sell your boat? :)

It's certainly not in GEORGIA!!!! Try the Gulf of Mexico. We are in a 100year record drought here in Georgia down I think over 20 inches just in 2007.

We've had our pontoon boat out of the water since early summer 2006. We have to take it out at around 1065' water level to get it out of our cove. It went down in late 2005 and came back some winter 2006 but then started going down again and going down steadily ever since. We didn't want our boat to get land locked unlike the neighbors. We aren't selling our boat YET!!!

jbrumberg

Freezing rain started at around 8:30 PM. I blew my weather forecast for snow, sleet, and freezing rain tonight with a repeat on Tuesday. There have been a lot of mis-read weather charts this weekend. Jay

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
ELK City Idaho: Snowing very lighly, 24*degrees,1-2" base:snow2_smi:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
18" to 24" Ruth NV. 18" at my house 24" plus up about 8,500 feet. Did some snowshoeing today! What a blast!

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF0019.JPG
    DSCF0019.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 104

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks really beautiful Snowcat! Glad you posted those photos. :) This is the current weather here:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Wind [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]from the N (350 degrees) at 9 MPH (8 KT) (direction variable) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Visibility [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]3 mile(s) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Sky conditions [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]overcast [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Weather [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Light freezing drizzle
Mist [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Precipitation last hour [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]A trace [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Temperature [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]27.0 F (-2.8 C) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Windchill [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]17 F (-8 C) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Dew Point [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]25.0 F (-3.9 C) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Relative Humidity [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]92% [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Pressure (altimeter) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]30.27 in. Hg (1025 hPa) [/FONT]

Cityboy

Banned
No power here since Sunday evening. Got generator power that can run the furnace, fridge, some lights and well pump, so not too miserable. Got propane furnace, stove top & water heaters. No internet...had to come to work to get that. :)

The news said over 500,000 are without power. We're gonna need lots of help with this one. That's the cool thing about linemen - they volunteer to go out of state and get power back on line. They get paid well, but it's dangerous work under less than optimal conditions. Thanks and hats off to those guys! :tiphat: :thumb: :applause:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw some pictures of the ice storm in OK. So much damage. This is the largest number of people ever without power in OK. And more ice was predicted for today.
Good luck CB.

BoneheadNW

I agree. When we get hit with a big storm a couple of times a year, those linemen come from all over the west coast and set up camp at several places in the county. Not uncommon for people to bring them coffee and food.
Bonehead