• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The movie 2012

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My son's body temperature runs pretty warm so it's hard for me to get him dressed the way I'd like to seem him in these frigid temperatures.

This morning, I was trying to explain to him how cold it's going to get today/tonight/tomorrow (-35ish) and told him it's probably the coldest he's experienced in his life.

About 5 minutes later, he said "Dad, do you remember the movie 2012?" to which I replied "yes".

He then asked "Is it was going to be as cold as it was in that movie?". I told him "no".

I didn't ask but had to wonder what was going through his head in those 5 minutes. Were helicopters going to fall out of the sky from their fuel freezing? Were tidal waves coming? Were entire cities going to freeze?

I still chuckle when I think about it. I ponder whether I should have told him "Yes, it's going to be just like in that movie" and seen his reaction.