• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Too hot again for working

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We hit 85 again today. Too warm for me to be busting outside. Hope we soon get the rain they keep talking about. Right now it all seems to be going up through Ohio and far western Pa. Sure could use some around here.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd take 85.

Right now it's 92 and it's supposed to peak out at 97. I've got to go finish mowing the yard that I didn't get done yesterday (tractor quit). It's as humid as all get out but we're supposed to get some rain over the next two days ... I hope.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
It's pretty fuckin' hot here, Muley. Might hit 90, and the humidity is rolling in, too. Lots of wetstuff supoosed to pass over us the next few days.

Kane

I'd take 85.

Right now it's 92 and it's supposed to peak out at 97. I've got to go finish mowing the yard that I didn't get done yesterday (tractor quit). It's as humid as all get out but we're supposed to get some rain over the next two days ... I hope.
Ain't that right, Tex. To hear the folks complain about 85 when in Sarasota it's 95 and 95% relative humidity. I won't see it cool down to 85 degrees again until Halloween.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's nice here, but since we've gotten no rain really in quite some time, an alert was posted for the area from N. Webster, Indiana--

----INCREASINGLY DRY CONDITIONS TO HEIGHTEN FIRE CONCERNS...

DESPITE A COLD FRONT MOVING ACROSS THE AREA ON MONDAY... RAINFALL AMOUNTS WERE SPARSE WITH PORTIONS OF NORTHWESTERN OHIO AND FAR NORTHERN INDIANA SEEING UP TO A QUARTER INCH OF RAIN. WHILE HELPFUL... THIS WILL DO LITTLE TO REDUCE THE OVERALL DRY CONDITIONS.

SEASONABLY COOL AND MUCH DRIER AIR WILL SETTLE IN THROUGH THURSDAY ACROSS THE REGION. RELATIVE HUMIDITY VALUES WILL DROP INTO THE 30 TO 35 PERCENT RANGE THIS AFTERNOON... AND INTO THE 20 TO 25 PERCENT RANGE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. GUSTY WINDS BEHIND THE COLD FRONT THIS AFTERNOON WILL SUBSIDE AND REMAIN UNDER 10 MPH ON WEDNESDAY. FUELS WILL CONTINUE TO DRY THROUGH THE UPCOMING WEEK AS WELL. WHILE FULL RED FLAG CONDITIONS WILL NOT BE MET... THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT ANY BURNING ACTIVITIES ARE SAFE. REPORTS OF GRASS FIRES HAVE BEEN INCREASING SINCE THIS WEEKEND... AND WITH NO RAIN THROUGH THE NEXT 7 DAYS... THE DRY CONDITIONS WILL ONLY GET WORSE... WITH INCREASING FIRE DANGER.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have had over 3/4 inch of rain so far and another round is coming soon. Supposed to clear out by tomorrow and stay sunny and in the 70's for the next 6 days.:clap:

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 117

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a wild storm come through about 2:00 am this morning. The wild was something fierce but it only dropped about 1/2" of rain but we'll take it. It did cool things off though. It only got to 90 today and it's supposed to stay in the low 90's for the next few days. We still haven't hit 100 this year but we've been close a couple of times.

I got all my edging and trimming finished and finally got the pool pumped out for the guys showing up to replaster tomorrow .... I hope.

Man, this heat is making it tough. You have to work for an hour or so and then take a 15 minute cool off and water break. It makes it hard to get anything done.