• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thinking about buying this.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I also want one. Please keep us informed of how well you like it, assuming you get it.

Bob

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I ordered it. It should be in later next week, I hope. Of course I will waste no time setting it up. I will be sure to follow up with a review of unit and the seller right here on this forum. :smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I cancelled the Celestron. After ordering I realized two things. First, the unit will only read outside temps to -4F. Not acceptable here where temps can hit close to -40F. Secondly, the update interval for wind speed and wind direction is 120 seconds. Also unacceptable. I live in a windy area and want close to real time indication. This unit will not do this, but at it's price point it is not expected to.

I have moved on to the Davis Vantage Vue. Quite a bit more money at $259 bucks and that is on a big sale. MSRP for these units is $395 but can always be found for less than that. I will post a review when it comes in later this week and I get it up and running. I'm pumped!!!!

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I cancelled the Celestron. After ordering I realized two things. First, the unit will only read outside temps to -4F. Not acceptable here where temps can hit close to -40F. Secondly, the update interval for wind speed and wind direction is 120 seconds. Also unacceptable. I live in a windy area and want close to real time indication. This unit will not do this, but at it's price point it is not expected to.

I have moved on to the Davis Vantage Vue. Quite a bit more money at $259 bucks and that is on a big sale. MSRP for these units is $395 but can always be found for less than that. I will post a review when it comes in later this week and I get it up and running. I'm pumped!!!!
$259.00? WTF man, just look out the friggen window. :rolleyes:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
WeatherRock.jpg