• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Goodbye to the flowers and lilacs!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Harrison Valley, PA Weather Advisories, Watches & Warnings

FREEZE WARNING
in effect until Wednesday, Apr 18, 9:00 AM

...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT WEDNESDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE HAS ISSUED A FREEZE WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT WEDNESDAY. THE FREEZE WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* TEMPERATURES...FALLING TO THE UPPER 20S.
* TIMING...EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING.
* IMPACTS...ANY SENSITIVE VEGETATION WILL BE VULNERABLE TO BELOW FREEZING TEMPERATURES.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A FREEZE WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST TO THREATEN OUTDOOR PLANTS. THOSE WITH AGRICULTURAL OR GARDENING INTERESTS IN THE WARNED AREA ARE ADVISED TO HARVEST OR PROTECT TENDER VEGETATION. POTTED PLANTS NORMALLY LEFT OUTDOORS SHOULD BE COVERED OR BROUGHT INSIDE.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Better get the heat going in the greenhouses. Been so dang warm lately we had it turned way back. Sure glad we only put peas and onions out in the garden. Rest of things are in boxes we can can cover or bring back in the greenhouses.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We're right on the cusp of getting a frost tonight. Long term forecast has us even colder come the weekend.

Yea, the flowers are up. Oh well. :( Peas only in the garden and I'm still waiting for my onion order to come in) I had all the other seeds out the other day but said screw it, I'm waiting until May.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Some of my peas were up about 15 inches till the wind beat them down. These flowers will be history if it gets real cold. Wish the frost would kill the dandelions.:hammer:

Attachments

• peas 001.jpg
    peas 001.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 146
  • peas 002.jpg
    peas 002.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 145
  • peas 003.jpg
    peas 003.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 144

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I must say, your dandelions are doing much better then mine. I'm doing a mid-spring change of plans in the garden so I can now spray the lawn with weed killer. I was going to use the clippings in the garden between the rows and over the cloth but will use an old round bale instead and move the (now toxic) grass clippings over to the compost pile for a couple years.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Those ae MAGNIFICENT dandelions. You sure do have quite the yellow thumb. :yum::yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Now now guys. Dandelions are awesome in salads and make a fine wine.

For some of us, they are a perfect way to irritate our over achieving neighbors who pour hundreds of dollars on chemicals to create their perfect lawns.
:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I got mine for free from my Amish neighbor in his clover and alfalfa fields. Over a 3 year period they have moved on down the hollow each year about 1/2 mile and hopefully will soon die off in mine. They look like a yellow border along the lane and town roads.:whistling: The greens are good in salads if you get them before they grow flowers and get bitter.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like some of the daffodils got burnt a little. Will take a day or two to tell on the rest of stuff. I had 29F at 4 am and it was calm so we shall see. Going to get my cherry trees in a little while.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope everything is OK Bill.

We only got down to 34 so no frost here.