• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spryte and Imp FS in Colorado

R

Reddog

Today I went and checked out two cats for sale locally and thought I would pass along the info. Both are owned by the same fellow and he has had both for several years and used them for cabin access.

First, the Sprtye:
Unknown year model, repowered with a 6 cyl. Chevy hooked to a Turbo 350. Ran and shifted very well. Overall a nice rig that is suffering from a case of the uglies. Track belting looks good, foam filled tires, LF guide wheel is splitting and will need to be replaced. LH drive sprocket missing some chunks, but serviceable. No rust apparent, clean inside. I remember this cat from Irwin Lodge and it was named "FastCat", supposedly the fastest and most reliable Spryte in the fleet. It has an OC-12 rear end, unknown ratio. Asking $9850.00

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%204.JPG

photo%205.JPG

Next, the Imp:

V4 Ford with a 3 and 4 transmission setup. Nice rig. Refused to start due to weak batteries but I expect it to run and operate well. Not much to pick at. Priced at $16,000.00

photo%201%20_1_.JPG

photo%203%20_1_.JPG

photo%201.JPG

photo%202%20_1_.JPG

photo%205%20_1_.JPG

photo%204%20_2_.JPG

Both machines have sat pretty much for 2 years. I would imagine going thru fluids would be a good idea, as well as any other preventative maintenance that one would do prior to a maiden voyage. Feel free to contact me with any questions or to get in touch with the seller. He is thinking about bringing them to my shop to help with the sale, viewing, getting specific pics and such.

R

Reddog

Hard to say regarding price. It is a nice machine and if a person nearby wanted/needed it, savings in transport might come into play. I suppose a guy has to start somewhere and be open to negotiation.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like you seem to be the local go-to snowcat guy there Doug in Gunnison....:whistling::flowers:

Regards, Kirk

R

Reddog

Small town I suppose. Once you have had a couple, folks figure you know something about them. And we all are somewhat afflicted by the same illness in regard to these beasts....

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Aluminum grousers on the IMP, havent seen that yet... They probably grip well in the deep stuff, and are lighter vs Steel ones...

Pricewise - its a free market, seller asks what he feels right, if the buyer thinks its to high - he can always negotiate... But supply & demand is what sets the price!

In Russia we said - hey, bazaar (market) is a free place, feel free to wonder and find that you looking for (being sarcastic, being that you are the only seller w/that certain item) - thus seller sets the price!!!

I for one dont even know where to start pricewise if I was to resell my DMC1450 I'm almost done restoring - IMHO $75k sounds about right price range for start...