• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

3 Snowtracs for sale..

akimp

I'm trying to sell The red one and some other equipment and buy the yellow one. If anybody is interested in the Red Snow trac in Talkeetna, AK let me know. I'm flexible on the price. Thanks.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I assume the yellow ones are the same?

Wish you were in New England could make a deal. Don't see them much out here

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the yellow ones are different the yellow one in kenai belongs to Brandon Sorells the one in fairbanks I don't recognize it but it still has the old 36 to 40 horse motor the one with the hering bone grousers has a 1600 modern engine in it.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm trying to sell The red one and some other equipment and buy the yellow one. If anybody is interested in the Red Snow trac in Talkeetna, AK let me know. I'm flexible on the price. Thanks.

If only you were closer...

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
About how much would it cost to get one of these shipped from Alaska to Midwest, does anyone have any experience?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shipping cost depends on if you can get a back haul with a truck that would other wised be empty...

If so back when I estimated it to Iowa it would have been in the $2,500 range to here... I think I estimated a bit high, as $2K would probably do it.

It also requires a good amount of faith that what you are buying is what you will get. To buy a Snow Trac sight unseen is not what I wanted to do. But then again I was not shopping for a project, I wanted a finished and running machine...

The machine I ened up with came from just outside of Seattle Washington. A forum member herer helped me by storing it for a time, and then he trailered it part way for me. We met in South Dakota and switched trailers with the machine.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the best way to get it there would to be use Lyndon transport to get it from Fairbanks to anchorage than ship it over water from anchorage to Seattle the other option would be to use Carlisle and totem ocean express to get it to Seattle Carlisle may even be able to get it to your front door. if you just get it as far as Seattle than you can esayly bid it out on u-ship my Thiokol 2100 set me back 1500.00 going from Monterey ca to Seattle.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the red one is in talketna about 150 road miles from anchorage. knowing the seller he may be inclined to drop it off at the port for you.

akimp

I own the red machine and would be more than willing to trailer it to anchorage. Several people are interested out of state but I don't have shipping quotes. If interested contact Span Alaska or other shipping companies to arrange delivery.
Thanks

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
contact Wendell at alta logistics if necessary he can handle door to door delivery your load will be about 7 x 10 and about 2500 pounds
Wendell Hiser | Seattle Operations
253-238-8283-Direct

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
Akimp I called wendal and he is goin to get me a quote but he said it would need to be strapped to pallet or something so they can pick it with fork lift and if fluids can be drained. I understand that might not work but just asking for next guy thanks Jon