• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Broken Grouser's new Tucker

Hi gang - sorry about not posting here in long time.

I just added to my Tucker collection last month with a purchase
from Bill Guthrie at Sales Unlimited / Snotrans. The "new" cat is a
1978 Tucker 1642. The cat is in great condition. The former owners built a nice rack system and a new low frame mounted exhaust.

Being so late in the season, I've only been able to take her out for four short trips into the Vail / Shrine Pass area out of our home in Red Cliff, CO.

Here's a few pictures. I'll try to post more often as I do a few modifications
to the cat. If time allows this summer I'm going to build a passenger cab
for the back - nothing too fancy as I want to keep the cat looking as original as possible.

We are keeping our 1963 443A - we just can't part with the old girl!

Talk to ya soon - Mark

Attachments

• Cat arrives march '10 046a forum.jpg
    Cat arrives march '10 046a forum.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 501
  • DSCN1445.jpg
    DSCN1445.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 502
  • April 30 2010 Cruise 018.jpg
    April 30 2010 Cruise 018.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 505
  • April 30 2010 Cruise 010.jpg
    April 30 2010 Cruise 010.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 508

bill w

very nice cat!!!!!!!!!!! with the long tracks you will be very happy...many years of fun..Bill w

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations! That's a very nice looking Tucker.

It seems many Tuckers have been owned by "mechanical morons". People whose motto is: "Why use the right part if I can make the wrong one work?"

It looks like yours escaped the clutches of those buffoons.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations! That's a very nice looking Tucker.

It seems many Tuckers have been owned by "mechanical morons". People whose motto is: "Why use the right part if I can make the wrong one work?"

It looks like yours escaped the clutches of those buffoons.
what you are describing is gold miners just got top get through the rest of the season and than its forgotten about

Lia

Banned
Hi gang - sorry about not posting here in long time.

I just added to my Tucker collection last month with a purchase
from Bill Guthrie at Sales Unlimited / Snotrans. The "new" cat is a
1978 Tucker 1642. The cat is in great condition. The former owners built a nice rack system and a new low frame mounted exhaust.

Being so late in the season, I've only been able to take her out for four short trips into the Vail / Shrine Pass area out of our home in Red Cliff, CO.

Here's a few pictures. I'll try to post more often as I do a few modifications
to the cat. If time allows this summer I'm going to build a passenger cab
for the back - nothing too fancy as I want to keep the cat looking as original as possible.

We are keeping our 1963 443A - we just can't part with the old girl!

Talk to ya soon - Mark

She's a beauty, an absolute beauty!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well now that everyone is drooling over it what are your plans for it access to your cabin just play or will you be working it to help cover the cost of owning it

mtn cat

It's such a pleasure to see a tucker of that vintage in such great condition! Very interested to see the passenger cabin you have planned.