• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pc remakes on tv

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I was watching the tube with my wife tonight guess what ironside is back. what is wrong with tv these days first walking tall is cast with a black man at least they changed his name, I never seen a black man named Beauford, next came the karate kid, replaced the wop with a black kid, than came kojack ,and now ironside. what's next when they remake all in the family they are going to cast archie bunker with a blackman. I don't want to sound racist just that after watching and enjoying the originals it just isn't the same.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Forced reverse Raceisem?????:glare: lets just see how long the re--cast shows stay on......Im thinken not much longer........:clap:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
a remake is almost never as good, the Bourn identity would likely be the odd one as I found them different yet both very entertaining. I especially liked the original as it was only 6 bucks from deep discount dvd's verses something like 24 bucks for the newer one. but like I said next thing you know they are going to re run all in the family and cast Archie or meathead as black correction that may never happen as funny as Archie was he just wasn't that smart maybe they will re do smokey and the bandit and make the Bandit black or Asin

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PC is one of many things that are going to bring our country down.
Mike
I agree and think it is the root of much that is wrong in our Nation. PC to the extreme. I've even heard it said (but sure do not agree) that there is no such thing as reverse racism. :bonk: Hell, that is what the AFLCIO is all about. :angry:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you seen how PC the old TV show "HAWAII 5-0" is in the new remade version?

Its painful to watch the new series.

I've not seen IRONSIDE but I do appreciate the warning, guess it will never be on my playlist of shows to watch. I don't need anyone to lecture me with their PC crap on how my views are wrong headed when, in fact, they actually rely on common sense!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
you are right I did see that one the other day. you know i'm not as old as some of you other guys ,I do remember watching some of those older shows. any ways just imagine how a newer form of gilligans island would be or maybe hogans heros

Kane

Our kids and grandkids can watch this tripe. Because they'll all be sitting home with nothing else to do after the schools ban sports, or any activity that might require competition, risk and a winner and a loser.

PC begets PC. Woe is us and our politically correct, pussy-fied spawn ... all at the hands of the progressive agenda.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree and think it is the root of much that is wrong in our Nation. PC to the extreme. I've even heard it said(but sure do not agree)that there is no such thing as reverse racism. :bonk: Hell, that is what the AFLCIO is all about. :angry:

I tend to agree; there is only racism, period. It is the same, no matter where it comes from, or what group is currently
practicing it. A bigot is a bigot, no matter what the color, race, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.

you are right I did see that one the other day. you know i'm not as old as some of you other guys ,I do remember watching some of those older shows. any ways just imagine how a newer form of gilligans island would be or maybe hogans heros

After all the fun we had watching those Smart & Brave "Hogan's Heroes" outsmart all of those Stupid & Cowardly
Germans at a prison camp, my friends and I scripted a spinoff tentatively titled "Hochman's Heroes", about the hilarious
adventures of a group of Smart & Brave Jews who constantly made fools of the Stupid & Cowardly Germans at Auschwitz.
For some foolish reason it didn't sell ... but it was as much in good taste as the original, don't you think? :brows:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
that would be funny than there was get smart where every one was stupid except the good looking agent 99.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I kinda like the new Hawaii 5-0. The scenery is awesome. James Caan's son (Scott Caan) can be funny and likeable. I never would have guessed he was James Caan's son if I had not been told. I never cared for the old Hawaii 5-0. Never liked Don Ho.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I never heard of a Kojak remake?! Really?

Who played Telly?? Now that was a man's man. Back when men were men.

telly-savalas.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw one a while back forgot who played kojack but he wasn't a white guy and the I didn't even watch it now that I think of it I think I only saw adds for it.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
It's Hollywood where they all pay homage to the porch monkey in Washington to stay in his good graces. Do you expect anything less? Fuck 'em all. I don't watch that drivel anyway.

RedRocker

It's Hollywood where they all pay homage to the porch monkey in Washington to stay in his good graces. Do you expect anything less? Fuck 'em all. I don't watch that drivel anyway.

Don't sugar coat it JEV, tell us what you really think! :yum: