• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weapon Systems

v8dave

Wizard
The intent of a weapon system is to cause the opposing forces to spend more resources to counter your weapon that you spent to create it.

Well, whether call the passenger airplane attacks on Washington DC and New York, New York a weapons system or not, the terrorists have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams in causing the US of A to out-spend the costs of the attacks.

They attacked the perfect opponent in a spending contest--an entrenched bureaucracy. The bureaucrats "protecting" us have no idea how or what protection is. Their only goal in life is to make sure nothing happens on their watch. In Folsom, CA (near Sacramento) there is a dam across the American river with a road on top of it. The bureau of reclamation, who owns the dam (1/4 mile across the top of a concrete dam), has closed the road under the guise of protecting the citizens. They have screwed the local economy by blocking a through road and incredibly fouled up the commute patterns in the area. There is no appeal, that bureaucrat isn't going to have any scare on his watch. The economic cost of that brain dead decision is huge, Forget that a car bomb on the top of a dam hasn't a chance of destroying the structure. It's all about no scares and saving his job.

There is no economic consequences to any bureaucrats decision in these matters. If some screwball can think of a danger, it's mandated out of existance regardless of cost.

In case any bureaucrat might forget, they were just reminded by the zapping of the FEMA head when a disaster happened on his watch.

Chief

Dave,

I whole heartedly agree with you with respect to how an entrenched bureaucracy is unsurpassed in its ability to screw things up to an unbelievably senseless degree.

Depending upon whether a cars only are allowed access or all traffic is allowed access could make a difference. Below is an interesting link that demonstrates the power of a truck carrying explosives.

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_222165020.html

Chief

I just tried it again and it worked fine for me. Take a moment or two to load up as it shows pictures of a very large explosion crater that took out both sides of a major highway in Utah.

Archdean

Well Duh!! Just ole stupid me, my screen is so big I just didn't scroll down far enough!! My fault/ mea-culpas and etc!! Sorry!!

Dean