• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1404 Imp flat tire repair in the field &tire pressure

rodre

I ended up getting a flat in the field, (so much for foam filled tires I was told it had). Because it was -25c I didn't want to fart around so I split the track at the lacing to get at the wheel. Do you need to split the track to be able to remove/replace the wheel? Or can it be done with the track done up? How do you guys do it? Any specific tools that would make it easier? If I had to do it again I could probably do it within an hour but if I don't have to undo the track lacing then even better.

Also, what tire pressure do you guys use, just whatever is the cold PSI printed on the sidewall? Also, do you account for extreme elevation and/or temperature changes? I think the tire that went lost pressure and was bullied by the track guides until it got beat up.