• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why do we get heartburn?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I never get heartburn from healthly food . Only stuff that is supposenly bad for you like Pizza , Hot dogs , Greasey foods and stuff like that , Even candy can do it .
Why do I only get it at night around 2 AM ? I burp in my sleep and my throat turns into a volcano . Bile that can melt steel . I jump up and make two quick gun laps around the bed trying to breath and not swallow . Nothing can stop the burn once it happens .

I go for the medience cabinet and take one of everything and anything I can find .

(note to self ): Midol or birth control pills does not help .

So its 2:15 in the morning and I just caught my pillow on fire from my breath .

Now I am pretty sure the comming night will be more of the same . I am prepared . I have a ice cube tray loaded up , A ice pack for my neck and a loaded gun in case all else fails . I can guarantee you that smoke will come from my ass before the night is over . I love pizza but it hates me .
Pray for me .......:sad::fart1::fart:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Stop eating after 6pm. Stop eating greasy/rich/spicy junk. Stop mixing booze with the aforementioned food stuffs within a few hours of going beddy byes.

It all lays there in your tummy attempting to digest properly while you are snoring away, waiting to be woken with the throat burn and tummy war.

Before I had my gb surgery, I often had the same problem. Now, I don't eat a thing after 6 or so, unless I have to at work because I didn't get a dinner break sooner.
Oh, and if you're a dreaming drooler, you might suffer the scorch burns on your face and lips like I used to. Stomach acid mixed with pillow drool.
Yes, my stomach acid used to be so caustic it would burn the skin on my face and mouth if I didn't take something before hitting the sheets.

Thank God those days are over. Now I can eat pretty much whatever I want.
Just have to make sure I am within potty range about an hour later.
Yow!

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Stop eating after 6pm. Stop eating greasy/rich/spicy junk. Stop mixing booze with the aforementioned food stuffs within a few hours of going beddy byes.

It all lays there in your tummy attempting to digest properly while you are snoring away, waiting to be woken with the throat burn and tummy war.

Before I had my gb surgery, I often had the same problem. Now, I don't eat a thing after 6 or so, unless I have to at work because I didn't get a dinner break sooner.
Oh, and if you're a dreaming drooler, you might suffer the scorch burns on your face and lips like I used to. Stomach acid mixed with pillow drool.
Yes, my stomach acid used to be so caustic it would burn the skin on my face and mouth if I didn't take something before hitting the sheets.

Yow!

I'll bet that makes dinner dates interesting.:biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Yow!

If ever there was a case of too much information, this is it. You just destroyed this geriatric's fantasy. Shit!!!! Oh, that's the wrong word. :yum:

Personally, I think a Prevacid or Pepcid Complete before bedtime will cure all your problems. Take that from a long time sufferer. Tums don't work.

D

darroll

I would love to have some fried egg-plant.
Hav't had that for years... or...
Fried zucchini … I’m hungry but won’t eat this late. We had Mongolian beef, Chinese noodles and spicy beans for dinner.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I would love to have some fried egg-plant.
Hav't had that for years... or...
Fried zucchini … I’m hungry but won’t eat this late. We had Mongolian beef, Chinese noodles and spicy beans for dinner.

You deserve to suffer you son-of-a-gun. I've no sympathy for you what so ever. :biggrin::biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Stromboli for a late supper last night. I am fortunate that I don't suffer from heartburn hardly at all. Stomach forces it all out the other end.:yum::yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

Yow!
Pillow drool...stomach acid...face & mouth burns...stay close to the potty. You now sound like a wife instead of a fantasy. I guess I should accept this as part of my aging process. But hey...it was fun while it lasted. Time to go looking for another fantasy for the deep recesses of my small mind.

D

darroll

How about a pickled hard broiled egg and a glass of beer?
My Mom told me that I had a cast iron gut.
I hope my Doctor is not reading this.